Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Alarm Advise - for driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise >

Alarm Advise - for driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Notices

Alarm Advise - for driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Old 05-05-2013, 04:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Alarm Advise - for driveway, traveling by road & anchoring - need advise

Hello guys - all of you have always treated me well with the best advise from many users with up to date experiences. Thank you.

I am looking for the best alarm - not the most expensive or techno savvy - but an all around alarm for not only the driveway - but also when I am on the road and parking overnight at hotel - and when I anchor the boat out whether I am sleeping on-board or not.

I know there are many options such as floor pads, door contacts, IR's, etc...

I am thinking high decibel siren and high intensity strobes installed correctly on my radar arch [38ft Scarab] would prohibit cut wires etc... and most likely scare the b**st**ds off.

I know there are models with Sim card capability that can notify you if the alarm is activated

My question is - are there any all around good performers. I am not against having video as well - but I am just not familiar enough to make the right decision based on performance and installation - or should I say access to the right alarm company for install - etc..

I am located in the Houston, Texas area and would like to find the right dependable shop to get this done. I know its far too much intrusive work for me to attempt doing this as a self-installation project.

I am also posting a thread for advice for GPS tracking in the event my boat was stolen - I am thinking these are 2 totally separate devices - am I correct ? (I have Furuno radar if that makes a diff ?)
Old 05-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Suggest Glock 19 with Winchester Ranger Ammo. After all, you are in Texas.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:45 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Just have an agreed value insurance policy.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:21 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys - I will have the security features you suggest while on-board - Glock being the best overall preventive measure for theft or harm to anyone on-board

its the time I spend away from the boat I need electronic warning devices - LOL

I have secure storage with 24 hour security although we all know inside jobs and slacker security personnel can be another problem altogether

my real issues are during traveling, going to hotels over-night and also as important when anchoring off the beach I will need high decibel sirens and strobes off a dependable and professionally installed alarm system.

I have a line on a good GPS tracking system - now all I need is a really good alarm system
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

How much are you willing to spend? I work for Bosch Security, and we have cameras with analytics. You can create a virtual perimeter around your boat, if anyone crosses it for more than a few seconds you can have the camera trigger an alarm. I have helped dealers design systems that connect to cellular routers that can send snapshots to Dropbox and alert you when someone is near your boat.
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I am looking at this system. I really like the snap sensors. IMO that creates a pretty fool proof perimeter alarm. I would say 3 sensors per side and it makes it pretty difficult to get in the boat without popping the snaps. It's also a clean install.

Anyone used this system?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would not add a siren,,this way i could catch the booger if he already did damage,,sounds like autopage has everything your looking for..watch the videos..it also links to your smart phone..

C3 Autopage USA | Contact Us