VST tank vent.  Will this work? pics >

VST tank vent. Will this work? pics

Notices

VST tank vent. Will this work? pics

Old 05-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default VST tank vent. Will this work? pics

Would there be any adverse issues I can see running the vent from the VST tank back to the tank? This I think will solve a few issues.

First, Im sick of buying the $90 "vent seal Diaphragm" thing every year.
Second, when the diaphragm fails, it will no longer flood and possibly hydro lock #8 cylinder.
Third, prevent vaper lock on the VST tank, with the extra fuel and vapors going directley back to the tank.

This is how it is ran.
Capped the nipple on the intake. Bought new flexible fuel line to replace the short tube to the intake. Brass adaptor to 3/8" fuel line. Routed the 3/8" line threw the engine on top of current fuel line to VST tank, then ran it back to the tank.

Last edited by 92nsx; 05-08-2013 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

surprised no-one commented on this. I am curious too
Old 05-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Registered

^^^^ me too! It is way easier then cutting the return line form the fuel rail and running it back to the tank. Then trying to find a plug for the vst tank were the return was at. It took about 15 min to do and didnt have to cut any factory fuel lines. Vent = vent lol
Old 05-09-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Nice use of the r/c tygon fuel tubing too lol
Old 05-09-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered

LOL! Yep it is pretty much the same stuff. It is what I use on my aquascooter's and snowmobile's to replace the old rock hard lines.
Old 05-09-2013, 11:25 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

the line coming out of the gas tank that you hooked into are you saying this is your fuel tank vent line. you posted "vent = vent" or are you meaning something else here.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:34 AM
Registered

Opps. Ya, I should clarify that. No it isn’t connected directly to the tanks vent. The gas tanks vent & filler are all still untouched / OEM set up. My boat came with two fuel lines from the tank to the engine bay.

Looks like Baja did it so it could have been fitted with either twins or a single engine. Since I am just a single the second fuel line was plugged off. I just removed the plug from the line and connected the VST vent to it.

Vent = vent: I ment vent on the VST, well it can use the vent on the gas tank now rather then #8 cylinder . Ill get a photo tonight.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

Here is pic of the 2 fuel lines coming out of the tank. The line leading to the right in the photo is the vst tank vent now. ( not much to see) Im guessing I am the first one to do this. So far so good. This tuseday Ill test in the water again since the weather man is forcasting high 80's for my area.

Old 05-13-2013, 05:58 PM
Registered

I'm no vst expert but had mine apart on both 454mag mpi's. I thought the float is what kept vst full of fuel or at-proper level. It was easy to cap the return on the vst. Then I used a tubing cutter on the return line used a stainless compression fitting I got from the local braided line guy and ran new braided line back to the tank. Done. Always fresh fuel circulating.... The question will be , will the vst vent in the tank? What if fuel is sloshing? I like the idea.. Let us know when it gets hot how it works.. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:02 AM
Registered

Just to update this: All is good, the system is still hooked up

I have no more fuel / vapor lock problems here.

(But i also play it safe, open the hatch 6-8" when idling, run my blowers any time the engine is running, once anchored of at the sand bar, I leave the hatch fully open for 5 min.)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.