Push-On hose for fuel plumbing? >

Push-On hose for fuel plumbing?

Notices

Push-On hose for fuel plumbing?

Old 05-24-2015, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 699 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by KWright
Teague has everything you need. And the hose even says us coastguard approved.
I can get those stampers made at staples.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:30 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

yep,the coast guard checks fuel hoses on a regular basis!
Old 05-24-2015, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the bigger worry would be if your insurance company checked the hoses in the event of a fire. They might refuse a claim if it could be proven that non-USCG approved fuel components were used.

Does the passage in the USCG regulations specify whether rubber hose can be used on the pressure side of the fuel pump at all? I always thought that a hard line was supposed to be installed between the pump and carburetor.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:34 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
I think the bigger worry would be if your insurance company checked the hoses in the event of a fire. They might refuse a claim if it could be proven that non-USCG approved fuel components were used.

Does the passage in the USCG regulations specify whether rubber hose can be used on the pressure side of the fuel pump at all? I always thought that a hard line was supposed to be installed between the pump and carburetor.
i could be wrong but i don,t think my ins policy states my fuel lines must be uscg approved.i know that my fuel lines won,t matter if my boat catches fire.once all the plastic in the bilge gets burning it would be all over!
Old 05-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
i could be wrong but i don,t think my ins policy states my fuel lines must be uscg approved.i know that my fuel lines won,t matter if my boat catches fire.once all the plastic in the bilge gets burning it would be all over!
Valid point, Mike, but knowing my luck, they would somehow survive unscathed. I doubt if it is written into my policy either, but insurance companies have a habit of trying to screw people on claims, and they have plenty of lawyers at their disposal. Hopefully we will never have to find out!
Old 05-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

On the oetiker clamps, is it possible to open them up to clamp already made hoses or do they have to be slid on prior to making the hose?
Old 05-25-2015, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

no, They have to be on hose first
Old 05-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by brian41
The Teleflex fuel hose 16-368-0386 for 3/8 fuel line and the 16-386-0126 for 1/2 ect ect is Coast Guard approved and works well with push lock fittings when you ban clamp them. It is the new hose for ethanal fuels and we use it on all our builds.
Brian, what brand of push-lock fitting are you using with the Teleflex hose - will any brand work? I'm guessing you can go with anything as long as it is properly clamped, just like is commonly done on ordinary barbed fittings. Are you running the Teleflex hose all the way up to the carb?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Yes, it stipulates hard line where possible on pressure side.

The insurnace company doesn't have to call out USCG fuel hoses. Every policy I've ever read (yes, I read my policies) had a clause about maintenance to industry standards. Guess what that means?

I don't consider that screwing people - would YOU want to pay out a big claim due to some to the low grade crappy work and cludge fixes we've all seen and complained about? Or, would you rather they take that out, make it no-fault and raise your rates to cover the results of the crappy work?
Old 05-26-2015, 08:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by apollard
Yes, it stipulates hard line where possible on pressure side.

The insurnace company doesn't have to call out USCG fuel hoses. Every policy I've ever read (yes, I read my policies) had a clause about maintenance to industry standards. Guess what that means?

I don't consider that screwing people - would YOU want to pay out a big claim due to some to the low grade crappy work and cludge fixes we've all seen and complained about? Or, would you rather they take that out, make it no-fault and raise your rates to cover the results of the crappy work?
Valid point regarding some of the redneck clusterfixes out there. I guess we all need to get our tubing benders out and bend up a set of solid lines running up to our Holleys! It would probably be cheaper than those pretty braided hoses and fittings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.