Notices

Dry exhaust

Old 06-02-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dry exhaust

I am looking for advice on the best way to go dry. I am currently running EMI thunders with the long risers. Was having some reversion issues, and I sent the risers back to Eddie Marine. They did some mods to them and that took care of that. Still I would like to go dry. My question is this, would it be better to modify my EMI's or sell them and start over with another exhaust system that is designated dry? I know I will have to do the thru hulls for the dumps. All advice and ideas would be appreciated!
Old 06-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Suggestions?
Old 06-04-2013, 02:03 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you currently thru -hull?

Dry pipes are much louder. Other than that you still have to water jacket them so the water dump is the big change.

Wannabe
Old 06-04-2013, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

dry pipes with turn downs might be a viable option.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Registered

Thanks guys for the responses. Yes I am thru hull exhaust. And I realize it will be much louder. That's actually one reason I want to do it! And I anticipate some more upgrades soon,and want to be totally reversion free.my specs now are .612 .607 lift ,duration at .050 .230 .236 with LSA 112.0 .it is my understanding you can do what you want to as far as cam goes with dry exhaust.
Old 06-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

You can run pretty much whatever you want for camshaft with dry exhaust. You don't have to have dumps for the water. They way a lot of them do it is to just dump the water straight down into the lake right at the end of the pipe. They just put a hole at the end of the outer pipe at the bottom of it. That way, it's jacketed all the way and the water dumps out the bottom and never mixes with the exhaust gases.

I would consider a different exhaust if you want to go this route, especially if you are wanting to go larger on the cam. You obviously want to make more power by installing a larger cam, so why restrict the engine with manifolds. Go to a set of headers and dry tails. The Eddie Marine manifolds are certianly not the best out there.
Eddie
Old 06-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You can run pretty much whatever you want for camshaft with dry exhaust. You don't have to have dumps for the water. They way a lot of them do it is to just dump the water straight down into the lake right at the end of the pipe. They just put a hole at the end of the outer pipe at the bottom of it. That way, it's jacketed all the way and the water dumps out the bottom and never mixes with the exhaust
I would consider a different exhaust if you want to go this route, especially if you are wanting to go larger on the cam. You obviously want to make more power by installing a larger cam, so why restrict the engine with manifolds. Go to a set of headers and dry tails. The Eddie Marine manifolds are certianly not the best out there.
Eddie
which set would you recommend? It's the boat in my signature with a bravo. Thanks for your response also. I have heard many good things about you!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

If your handy with a welder, have some SS pipe and have some time you can mod your eddies and make them dry. But selling the entire system and buying a set would ultimately be the easiest route.

John jr
Old 06-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=Young Performance;3937296]You can run pretty much whatever you want for camshaft with dry exhaust. You don't have to have dumps for the water. They way a lot of them do it is to just dump the water straight down into the lake right at the end of the pipe. They just put a hole at the end of the outer pipe at the bottom of it. That way, it's jacketed all the way and the water dumps out the bottom and never mixes with the exhaust gases.

Eddie[/QUOTEi totally agree about the EMI"s. have not been happy with them at all. Reversion issues with the cam specs referenced above. Pulled engine twice thinking I had internal issues because of water in oil. Sent the risers back to Eddie marine and they extended inner pipe and changed the way the water dumps into the exhaust. And charged me $300.00 to do the work. In my opinion,they should have took care of that, but refused. They guaranteed up to 750hp, mine is only 500hp. The reversion did stop,but they should have stood behind their product.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:43 PM
Registered

Anybody out there got a set of headers with dry tails out there that's reasonable? They will have to work with my set up.let me know what you guys have. 89 Baja with Bravo, BBC.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.