Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
What sealing procedure to use for ARP head studs in water jackets? >

What sealing procedure to use for ARP head studs in water jackets?

Notices

What sealing procedure to use for ARP head studs in water jackets?

Old 06-07-2013, 02:15 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by supermx96
I solve my stud leaking with the moroso ceramic treatment, i do it in the boat with a home made close cooling systeme, without enought cooling but the product have do is job. I have run the engine at idle 3x 15 min and let it warm up to 210 f.
I would love to see a picture of it, but that's not something that you set up every day. Did you bypass the seawater pump and just loop with the circ pump? I even thought about just using an old automotive radiator and running it like that. My hopes were to run mine on a startup stand before installing in the boat, but I am getting so short on time that it's looking like a long shot. I do intend to rig something up to pressure test it before running it, either with air or water.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
I would love to see a picture of it, but that's not something that you set up every day. Did you bypass the seawater pump and just loop with the circ pump? I even thought about just using an old automotive radiator and running it like that. My hopes were to run mine on a startup stand before installing in the boat, but I am getting so short on time that it's looking like a long shot. I do intend to rig something up to pressure test it before running it, either with air or water.
I dont have circ water pump i run with crossover, i use the seawater pump only with a reserve of water for the close water system and i put these water reserve in another larger plastic box with a constant cold water feed to help cooling the hot water in the close systeme.

With a another water hose i feed wather in the exhaust. I dont circulate water with ceramic into oil and power stering cooler.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just used The Right Stuff on the studs of my Mark IV block engine build. Hopefully there won't be any leaks.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Wouldn't your HP500's have blind holes for the head bolts?
I dunno, the head bolts come with pre-applied sealer so I wasn't taking chances.