Elec and mechanical fuel pumps >

Elec and mechanical fuel pumps

Notices

Elec and mechanical fuel pumps

Old 06-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by Rookie
Why don't you just use a fuel pressure switch? When fuel pressure drops below 4psi it removes 12v from the ignition and shuts down the engine. When it removes the 12v it then turns on an idiot light on your dash using a normally closed 12v relay. Below 4psi and your ignition will be off and the bowls will dry up with the spark gone. $30 in parts.
While researching this subject I can across a few posts where this idea was presented. Some good points were brought up for not having the switch shut eng down automatically. Among them, the fear of eng shutting down at the worst possible moment, like trying to get out of the way of someone haul'in a$$, while turning into a big wave, in the middle of a aggressive high speed turn, maneuvering up close to some high-end equip, etc

I planning on going with a low press switch but it will just be for aural/visual alerts.