Raptor performance & replacement engines >

Raptor performance & replacement engines

Notices

Raptor performance & replacement engines

Old 06-17-2013, 11:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I would not even waste the time of calling. We already know the answer. All Chinese parts.

You will be money ahead by getting a local shop to build one or buying a gm "crate" engine from summit or jegs.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Flex plate???merc uses flywheels, at least on the 302's.350's and454 I have had.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not arguing for or against, just simply looking for advice and gathering all the facts.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Ok..some basic google work... Raptor has several aliases... CHS Machine, Cylinder Head Specialties, Global Engine corp, Engine Parts Distributing. Pacific Engine Sales, etc....

And here are some reviews...

Bought a motor, drove for less than 100 miles, motor went bad, sent it back, ALONG WITH MY CORE!, they said it was their fault, "catastrophic engine failure"...6 months later, haven't received another motor, have been told at minimum 6 times that it has been shipped (and lost), now am being told that they haven't started building my motor, they have a "shortage of good cores", and also, now they say that this is my fault, not theirs and this is a courtesy build...NOT what they said when i sent it back 6 MONTHS AGO.DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

I have been on the phone with GREG every week since I shipped the motor back to them.

Sometimes he just hangs up on you if he doesn't want to talk....such customer service skills.Oh, and haven't received my core charge back yet either....so i have paid for a motor, and given them one....and I have NOTHING.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

A few more..

If you enjoy being lied to, and lied to some more and maybe don't mind waiting for something that you paid for and it may or may not come.Knock yourself out and drop the money and believe the lies.

steer clear of this character. You will get no refund, warranty, nothing, all marketing on his part. He will tell you he has 12 people at the company and he is just an employee, false. He is the owner and there is no one else.

DON'T be fooled by his innocent sounding voice on the phone, all lies!!!!!!He will tell you your engine is coming next week, then when you call him the next week, he will tell you the same, he can't give a tracking number because it hasn't been shipped! 37d7966

Paid 1300.00 to have engine rebuilt in November 2011.After 1000 mile break in engine smokes badly..was told by GREG to take to maechanic because he needed to find out what the problem is.

The mechanic I went to said all was ok. I called back machine shop after numerous heated phone calls from GREG. VERY DISTURBING CUSTOMER SERVICE..waited 7 1/2 weeks to get back after being lied to several times about getting an eta. upon arrival had broken parts..

went to see GREG and he said tuff *** ***..I am tired of your ***!? this is after engine was put in my truck. I said I needed a receipt of work done..he would not give me one??HMMM.. talks got very vulger between us and finally he pointed to his mechanic and pointed outside..

He was having his mechanic Dave pull engine out of my truck.. I said BS... GREG physically tried to tackle me to hold me in building so they can take my motor out of the truck.. (WOW) !!

WTF.. I got out of his building and he taunted me to hit him...I stopped there and said HIT me..looked at Dave the tech gut and said this is WRONG.. GREG then ran to my truck and grabbed my manifold ( VERY RARE PIECE ) and slammed it on the ground and broke it..after that I locked my truck and called police. Police came after 20 minutes..at that time I told them what happened in dis-belief..we went back to the shop..On the counter was a bill just made up for 300.00 for looking at engine.

(7 WEKKS FOR THAT ) HMMM Dave told me he was going to rehone cylinders and re-ring it..Police not really knowing what to believe said I owe him 300.00 before taking engine back...HMMM they already put it in my truck..( NICE WARRANTY ).. So I left after getting bruised up.. out $300.00 and out broken parts..

CIVIL SUIT IS BEING FILED..taking engine to another machine shop to have looked at.PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY..believe what you want..

Another...

I purchased an engine on ebay from CHS machine in june 2011.It wasn't delivered until august & only after I opened a case in ebay.

To avoid any warrenty issues I had a local shop do the install . The engine was JUNK ! Greg argued with my mechanic and then wanted a second opinion!. Only after t hree different shops agreed the engine was no good did have fedex pick it up in dec 2011|.

Since then I've heard all the stories : We're building you a new engine , the engine has been lost in shipping ,its been found, but may be damaged, I'll check with my boss about a refund, you will receive a refund in 10 days, forget the refund - I'm building you another engine, we're moving, I don't know when it will be ready and so on,& on & on!. the last time I spoke with Greg Mahoney was on 8/24/2012 and he got pissed at me for not waiting for his call!. I've heard nothing from him since then /.To date my expences are close to $6000 and I still don't have an engine!.Living in Florida theres not a whole lot I can do that would be effective..

So warn everyone you can to stay away from these guys - particulairly GREG MAHONEY..I can be contacted at 850 832-1832

Placed an order for some heads, never received.Asked for money back, Greg the office manager said he would do a reversal on our credit card.

Never happened. 2 months later and still never received refund on credit card. Called him over and over again and he refuses to talk to me or my husband, treats you like it is your fault that he stole your money, scammed you fair and square.

Ask to speak to owner and he won't let you do that either.Don't do business with this company, the odds are that you will be without product and / or your money!

BBB...

BBB Accreditation
C H S Machine Company is not BBB Accredited.

Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.

To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.

Factors that lowered C H S Machine Company's rating include:

43 complaints filed against business
15 complaints filed against business that were not resolved.
13 serious complaints filed against business.
On May 6, 2013, BBB recognized a pattern of complaints from consumers regarding delivery, refund, warranty and customer service issues. Consumers allege after they order and pay for products from C H S Machine Company, they do not receive their orders. Consumers claim they are due a core refund, but they experience a delay in receiving a refund from the company. Consumers also claim the company takes an unreasonably long time to replace parts that are under warranty. Consumers further allege when reaching out to the company for assistance or to express their concerns, C H S Machine Company's staff exhibits improper conduct and uses inappropriate language.

Last edited by phragle; 06-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:13 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, there's your answer.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For a laugh hit the install button on their website .A lot of the stuff is no-brainer and should be done .But some of the other stuff he is asking the installer to do should have been done by the builder of the engine...Might be one of the ways he tries to legally screw you on warrantee .If you can't trust the engine builder ,you aren't buying anything but problems..
Old 06-20-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well that is not comforting! Thanks for digging that up.