Repairing Gimbal Rings >

Repairing Gimbal Rings

Notices

Repairing Gimbal Rings

Old 06-21-2013, 06:20 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Repairing Gimbal Rings

I have 2 worn bravo gimbal rings (at the top) and was going to send them out to JR Marine to have them welded and remachined. Anyone had this done? They seem like a reputable place but I figured I would check here.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 07:50 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

I did this 2 years ago and they are really good people. The finished product was excellent and they really know the ins and outs of the gimbal job. The owner will give you his cell # to walk you thru if needed, hard to find businesses like this. They also have upgraded hardware to help against, or slow down, future wear. You can even rent modified wrenches from them and return them for your deposit (if doing the work with engine in this will make the job go faster). Highly recommended.
Old 06-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the response. Thats what I thought but I thought I would check here first, just seems like there are so many terrible businesses out there. I will contact them soon and yes I plan on using their upgraded hardware
Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I used them on an exchange basis ....very very happy ....good people... no problems
Old 06-21-2013, 08:10 PM
Registered

Received 892 Likes on 320 Posts

they have done 4 or 5 for me over the years and I have never had any problems and their service and turn around is top notch. in looking at the repair they do I think the ring is better than a new one.