Pulley slip on ribbed serpentine blower pulleys

Notices

Pulley slip on ribbed serpentine blower pulleys

Old 07-25-2013, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
You could use the bar stock for the spacers, run it from end to end of the factory mounting plate. Bolt the mounting plate to the bar stock so it can't rack on the bolts or bend, bolt through both to the head and block. We use the 7/16 studs and cut the crank pulley spacer down to get the blower back closer to the motor just like Black Baja said.
I already used 7/16 stuff when I first installed the supercharger BUT its still a great idea to use larger dia spacers, thanks Gary, Smitty
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

Last edited by GPM; 07-26-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Just curious,,

Would a M3 have less of a problem with belt slippage due to the greater internal step up ratio which would allow you to run a larger pulley to get the same boost ?

Doug
Old 07-28-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by articfriends
I already used 7/16 stuff when I first installed the supercharger BUT its still a great idea to use larger dia spacers, thanks Gary, Smitty
in the past i have welded 1/4'' flat stock to each of the spacer tubes and connected all them together to keep the spavers from rocking...figure out where the procharger is mounted now ,,,then remove it from the bracket and take 1/4'' flat stock the mock the plate up between the spacers to stigffin up the spacers..if procharger was smart they would have had the spacer part casted onto one solid piece..
Old 07-29-2013, 06:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boatally Insane
Just curious,,

Would a M3 have less of a problem with belt slippage due to the greater internal step up ratio which would allow you to run a larger pulley to get the same boost ?

Doug
You have the right idea, but I have a m-3 already. IF I had a m-4 or m-5 I could run a bigger pulley and have less slip because of the greater contact area!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FIXX
in the past i have welded 1/4'' flat stock to each of the spacer tubes and connected all them together to keep the spavers from rocking...figure out where the procharger is mounted now ,,,then remove it from the bracket and take 1/4'' flat stock the mock the plate up between the spacers to stigffin up the spacers..if procharger was smart they would have had the spacer part casted onto one solid piece..
That sounds like another good idea worth looking at!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM
mgh
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went with a larger blower pulley and innovator west custom crank pulley made to spec
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
You have the right idea, but I have a m-3 already. IF I had a m-4 or m-5 I could run a bigger pulley and have less slip because of the greater contact area!
I thought you had a M3sc which is a 4.1 internal step up where as the non sc is a 4.44 internal step up ratio..
Soo theatrically instead of running a 3.7" pulley, The "non sc" would use a 4" pulley to get the same boost.. Don't know if that would be enough of a difference in diameter to help at all...
Old 07-30-2013, 06:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Boatally Insane
I thought you had a M3sc which is a 4.1 internal step up where as the non sc is a 4.44 internal step up ratio..
Soo theatrically instead of running a 3.7" pulley, The "non sc" would use a 4" pulley to get the same boost.. Don't know if that would be enough of a difference in diameter to help at all...
You are correct, I have a m-3sc , I was thinking you meant I had a m-1 and needed a bigger one, I wouldn't switch from a m-3sc to a m-3 std as I have already had a Procharger self destruct internally and wouldn't want to deal with worrying about contamination but I did have virtually no slip when I ran a 4.250/4.00 12 rib pulley in the past .
so far I have seen 3 good suggestions that I am going to look hard at:
1.re-inforcing head unit bracket and machining bigger spacers
2. having pulleys Carbonite coated
and then the newest idea I just saw
3. Have a bigger yet pulley custom built for crankshaft
Old 07-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mgh
i went with a larger blower pulley and innovator west custom crank pulley made to spec
That's a great idea too but just went on their website and see they are no longer making any custom crank pulleys. Anywhere else you know of that does it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.