Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Fountain shift/throttle-switch sides? >

Fountain shift/throttle-switch sides?

Notices

Fountain shift/throttle-switch sides?

Old 07-23-2013, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fountain shift/throttle-switch sides?

My 94 Fountain 32 Fever has the shfiters on the outsides and both throttles in the middle. Does anyone know if the configuration can be switched, like all other boats- throttles on one side and shifters on the other. If so how hard and how to do it?
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

yes it can be done,,cant get used to it? try docking with one in neutral..
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can buy a new dash, and then new shifter and throttles. I did it on my 10 meter. Throttles now on right, shifters on left. Cost about 2k. may also need new cables.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:23 PM
Registered

I know the boat is new to me and I've tried docking with one in neutral. Maybe I'll get used to it but right now don't like it. How hard is it to change them?
I'm not planning on spending on a new dash and new cables.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

The controls can be disassembled and reassembled in any configuration.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by boydzfv
I know the boat is new to me and I've tried docking with one in neutral.
Quite the opposite... Ever loose a motor or drive and try to get back into the dock?? Be nice to be familiar docking with one motor.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Quite the opposite... Ever loose a motor or drive and try to get back into the dock?? Be nice to be familiar docking with one motor.
That person is a spammer. They embed pictures in their posts which OSO blocks. Don't worry about it. I don't even think they would know English.
Old 07-24-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did it on the same exact boat...Easy to do at the dash, I had to adjust neutral on one of the shifters, but I also switch my props to spinning out, so I had to wrangle the cables around a little more. I put the shifters on the left, throttles on the right.
Old 07-24-2013, 02:07 PM
Registered

Received 217 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
I did it on the same exact boat...Easy to do at the dash, I had to adjust neutral on one of the shifters, but I also switch my props to spinning out, so I had to wrangle the cables around a little more. I put the shifters on the left, throttles on the right.
done it to a few of my boats as well,,,this time I left the shifters on the outside and throttles in the middle for safety reasons,,ever try backing up with the shifters in reverse and while you are looking back you go to shift into forward and accidentlly grab the throttles? been there done that and scared the $hit out of me
Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by txtraveller2002
So did you just unbolt the assembly at the dash and pull them out and then figure out the disassembly? I'm game but don't want to just start unbolting things and pulling them apart without some understanding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.