Broke drive coupler! >

Broke drive coupler!

Notices

Broke drive coupler!

Old 08-19-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke drive coupler!

I broke my drive coupler in the boat this weekend! Can or do any of you have tips or advice on what all parts should I go ahead change while I everything out like I know the coupler, gimbal bearing, seal, but what else or should I do?

Also I have not pulled the motor yet, but i did the drive and when I pulled the drive the gimbal bearing stayed on the shaft and came out with the drive anyone else have this happen? The boat has a 502 mpi with bravo one drive! Any help and parts list would be much thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 471 Likes on 367 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike S.
I broke my drive coupler in the boat this weekend! Can or do any of you have tips or advice on what all parts should I go ahead change while I everything out like I know the coupler, gimbal bearing, seal, but what else or should I do?

Also I have not pulled the motor yet, but i did the drive and when I pulled the drive the gimbal bearing stayed on the shaft and came out with the drive anyone else have this happen? The boat has a 502 mpi with bravo one drive! Any help and parts list would be much thanks!
Never had that happen, hope your housing is ok but there could be an issue. Te bearing should be in there tight and take some work to get it out.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:16 PM
Registered

Yeah that's what I thought too, should take a little work to get it off but not here all of it sled right out wasn't expecting that to happen! I can't see to the eye any cracks in there but maybe I should remove the whole gimbal to have it looked at any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2013, 03:20 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

You might want to check the alignment
Old 08-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Registered

I will! We was cruising along and hit a shallow sand bar (1' of water), to cause all this mess! Maybe I should have said that earlier! Everything else seams to be ok! I'm a little concerned about the transom though! Any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2013, 08:55 PM
Registered

does transom plate look like gimbal bearing locked=up and was spinning in it.
Old 08-20-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

No but I will dobble check it again when I get to the house! What would that mean of it was? New gimbal housing?