Pump Out Head Question

Notices

Pump Out Head Question

Old 08-04-2002, 06:04 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pump Out Head Question

Hello Boating brothers. I really need your help.

The wife and I stayed out on the 36 Outlaw Friday to Sunday and the holding tank on the vacu-flush pump out head is FULL!!!!!

The last flush this morning and it came out the air vent on the side. I know this is not good, probably messed up the filter.

The problem is this. Friday I tried to suck out the tank and got nothing. Checked all my manuals again, talked to a few buddies, looked for a valve or switch (dealer said there were none), tried different marina's, no luck, not a thing will come out.

We have not put anything in the toilet that has not been eaten first, no paper, no nothing, period.

What is going on here? We are going to the coast this Thursday and the dealer won't be open till Tuesday, so I'm hoping you guys can give me some advise. I got to get this thing emptied.

Thanks in advance, Mark
Old 08-04-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you need to make sure your terlet is in the pump out setting. My old boat had a "pump out" setting and a "flush" setting. I needed to put it on pump out to get a good sucking. I would still get some removed even without doing this though, so I am thinking the place you went to get pumped out did not have a proper charge on their vacuum before you tried. Try somewhere else.

Good luck... I was about to change my old boat's name to septic tank before I figure the "****" out

BT
Old 08-04-2002, 10:17 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

BT,

Thanks for the reply. I have been worrying with this for a month now. We tried three different pumps today at three different places. Non Worked. The dealer told me there was NO switch or valve.

One other problem I had today was that the fresh water holding tank run dry. I went to fill it and to my surprise it only held about a gallon of water and was overflowing. Tried the water in the sink and the transom shower and NO WATER?

You are not going to believe this ****! Baja put the fitting that says fresh water on the toilet pump out and the toilet pump out is labled fresh water. The wife and I have been outside in the dark for the last two hours and have just figured it out.

I cannot believe this? WASTE = **** right????????????

Fresh water = Clean water for sink and shower right????????

They have everything labled backwards.

I filled up the waste inlet, held at least 20 gallons and we got good clean water. I put the hose in the fitting labled fresh water and we got **** coming out the vent.

This really sucks!

Thanks Mark
Old 08-05-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really sucks
I assume no pun was intended.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey Baja Boss what speeds are you seeing out of your outlaw. I know that your motors aren't fully broken in yet? It's a sweet ride.
Old 08-05-2002, 01:25 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Hey Baja 27,

I finally have the GPS in the boat and currently have 27 hours on the 500's.

They are running great, and I cannot begin to tell you how nice the boat rides and handles, it is much better than we ever thought it would be.

Before I list these speeds, please keep in mind that we seem to always be loaded down and the heat and humidity have really been bad.

235 Gallons of fuel, 20 Gallon of water, ALL THE WIFE'S STUFF, a large box anchor, tool bad, jump starter, shore power cable and adapter, water hose, etc, etc, etc.

GPS Speeds:

3200 RPM = 50 MPH
3500 RPM = 58 MPH
4000 RPM = 65 MPH
4800 - 4900 RPM = 71 MPH

26 Pitch 4-blade Bravo 1 props.

The top end is OK, nice thing is we don't have to slow down for anything, the boat handles what ever you give it. The mid range acceleration is GREAT, a bit slow getting that last 5 MPH's out of her.

Will keep you posted.

Mark
Old 08-05-2002, 02:06 PM
Registered

Baja Boss is those speeds being trimmed up. Also what kind of fuel economy are you getting. Do you think that your boat will do 75 to 78 mph with a quater tank of fuel? Thanks for the info
Old 08-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

baja27,

Yes these are with the drives trimmed up to 5.

With all our gear out of the boat, low fuel, and better conditions I think the boat may run around 75MPH.

The people I talk to that are honest about their speed usually see low 70's.

I estimate four hundred pounds of gear with the fridge full, cooler, anchor, cloths, tools, fenders, lines, etc. Then add the fuel (235 Gallons), water (twenty gallons), two people, fresh water, 98 degree humid temps, and you don't get those boat test speeds with a light boat on salt water.

Oh well, we did not buy it for speed or we would have gone elsewhere. The room in the cussy with the A/C running at night is NICE!

Mark
Old 08-05-2002, 03:44 PM
Registered

Baja Boss , how's the fuel economy ?
Old 08-05-2002, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally posted by baja27
Baja Boss , how's the fuel economy ?
LOL!

Quick Reply: Pump Out Head Question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.