Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Can a dirty IAC muffler affect top speed in a 496 HO? >

Can a dirty IAC muffler affect top speed in a 496 HO?

Notices

Can a dirty IAC muffler affect top speed in a 496 HO?

Old 05-19-2014, 05:21 PM
jps
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a note be careful putting the iac muffler back in , mine got compressed to much and was throwing iac code and ruff idle drove me crazy trying to figure out also I've had bad iacs with full power 2 beeps every minute or two

Last edited by jps; 05-19-2014 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:29 PM
jps
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a note be careful putting the iac muffler back in , mine got compressed to much and was throwing iac code and ruff idle drove me crazy trying to figure out ,I've had bad iacs with full power 2 beeps every minute or two also had a bad iac burn some thing up in computer whipple industries fixed computer
Old 05-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Check your codes. Could go into "soft" and not sound an alarm and reduce engine performance to 70% (I think its 70 anyway)

For example, the temp sensors on the exhaust will hold back engine performance if its too high/low. I also think it will reduce it for knock sensor. I am going off memory and not the manual.... just things I have dealt with in the past.

Bottom line, dont guess! Scan it! Then get a buddy and scan it while running - then you will see all kinds of stuff.