Notices

gauges?

Old 09-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gauges?

Anybody ever use Hardin marine gauges? Time to replace all my gauges and Hardin seems to be the best bang for the buck.would like livorsi but I'm going to add a GPS speedo also. So not looking to spend several grand on gauges.also thought about autometer but would like some feedback.thanks in advance!
Old 09-03-2013, 05:13 AM
Registered

I also wanted a gps speedo but i decided not to because of the price. I bought all livorsi gauges and spent under 500.00 through ebay. My pick up speedo is only off by 3mph at WOT. I couldn't see spending the extra money on the gps one for a boat that only runs in the 70's. Now if I was running triple digit speeds it might be worth it. My biggest concern is all the other gauges not my speed.
Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 AM
Registered

Just put Autometer gauges in my boat. Very happy with the quality. Purchased from Keith Eickhert performance great service
Old 09-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Registered

I bought all new Auto Meter Pro Comp Gauges and their GPS speedo. I bought the 3 3/8 gauges and the only complaint I have is the plastic light bulb holder in the gauges is a very bad design. The tabs that lock the bulb assembly to the back of the gauge are indeed plastic and they will break if you are not extremely careful changing a bulb or using the color covers for the bulbs.

My GPS speedo was bad out of the box. It would not supply the correct 12v dc out to power my Hardin GPS receiver. I sent it back under warranty and they actually replaced it with the newer Pro Comp series with the digital read out. Which is way better than the original GPS unit. This one has a built in hour meter and mileage counters and more.

So all in all happy with what I bought. Warranty service was top notch.

Last edited by toyo321; 09-04-2013 at 09:41 PM.