Need to empty fuel tank >

Need to empty fuel tank

Notices

Need to empty fuel tank

Old 09-06-2013, 07:12 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If you use a inline fuel filter before the electric fuel pump they will last longer, also alot of water in the fuel will the kill pump down the road. The 38 dollar mr gasket electric fuel pump has pumped over 3000 gallons of gas with no problem in a time frame of about 2 years. money well worth spent. Also if you pump a lot of gas and want to help save your pump set up a remote water fuel sep filter inline. Change the spin on filter 2 or 3 times a year.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

take out fuel guage sending unit. get a hose that fits through hull drain at the transom. drop hose in and siphon it into 5 gal cans at the rear of boat. faster than running elec fuel pumps...
Old 09-18-2013, 03:30 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Picture of my fuel transfer setup for future reference. $45 fuel pump bought at Advance Auto, some wire, a switch, some rubber line, and a couple of hose clamps = in business.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508230[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Need to empty fuel tank-pump.jpg  
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

For years I have transfered all of my gas at the end of the year using the my electric fuel pumps. Never an issue.
Originally Posted by dereknkathy
take out fuel guage sending unit. get a hose that fits through hull drain at the transom. drop hose in and siphon it into 5 gal cans at the rear of boat. faster than running elec fuel pumps...
Your kidding right??
Old 09-19-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have "free gas weekend" for my family. ( I drive a diesel )
I take a cherry picker and raise the front of the trailer up, the boat is on the trailer. Then I unhook the line on the inlet to the filter. I have an adapter that i hook to that line and run a hose out of the drain plug hole. I have gas cans lined up to fill and then dump the fuel in the various cars. To get the siphon started, I usually slightly pressurize the tank with an air hose. Wrap a rag around the air nozzle to fit the filler neck and cover the vent then give it some air, this will start the fuel flow.

In the spring I fill up with fresh fuel. I have never seen any evidence of condensation in my tank from storing it empty.