Need Help With Cable Replacement >

Need Help With Cable Replacement

Notices

Need Help With Cable Replacement

Old 09-18-2013, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help With Cable Replacement

I am hoping someone can help me with this. I need to replace the shift cable from the shifter to the shift bracket on a Fountain Fever 27. This is my first time working with this kind of setup. The question I have is can the cable be removed from the shifter without pulling the shifter off the console. Second how do you remove the cable end from the shifter? I have been told that the cable end is a plastic “hook” that clips onto the shifter. And lastly does anyone know the length cable I will need for this boat? I wanted to pre order the cable so I can do the removal and install at the same time rather than removing the old cable and measuring it. I have been told that the cable itself is a 33c type. Thank you everyone very much for the help. Everyone on this site has been very helpful!!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Should be numbers on the cable that correlate with the length. Most likely have to remove shifter. Not a hard swap though
Old 09-18-2013, 01:12 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 35 Likes on 17 Posts

This may help, click and open with adobe:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]508220[/ATTACH]