540/B&M 250 Issue >

540/B&M 250 Issue

Notices

540/B&M 250 Issue

Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Wow, this is getting deep.

While we are at it, lets skip over fresh plugs, fuel pressure check, ignition coil etc. I think you should tear the engine apart again. Maybe the crankshaft was installed upside down. or maybe the wrist pins are .000001 to tight.

Someone mentioned a valvetrain problem, because "the blower is making boost". Why wouldn't it make boost? A roots blower will make boost dependent on throttle position, even if there is no fuel, spark, or RPM. At 2500RPM, if you mash the throttles under load it should go to max boost.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Registered

Received 1,204 Likes on 577 Posts

Originally Posted by MER Performance
Why did you not get any cam cards? If not; That's only a phone call away.
Don't know, maybe miscommunication, email overlooked, I have no clue. I knew what they were from the hours of communication Bob and I had, but I did not have the actual cam cards. I guess it was just a good learning experience for me cause Valako taught me how to degree everything and set my engines up. (teach a man to fish, lol) My engines turned out exactly how we spec'd them and everything was spot on.
Old 09-20-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by jamontes
There were no cam cards in the boxes. There was a single card emailed to me that was used to degree both cams. I wasn't there to witness the process but have confidence in the builders ability. Hell maybe he was having an off day and DID infact fuk it up. Either way I posted this seeking input BEFORE I go the route of pulling the engine back out. Not to get blasted for making a simple comment. We can put this one to bed. Peace Out!
you said you have confidence in the builders ability,with the proper equipment degreeing a cam is quite simple,it there a reason you wont say who the builder is?