454mag top end rebuild >

454mag top end rebuild

Notices

454mag top end rebuild

Old 06-26-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Did you drain your fuel tanks and put in fresh fuel before you took it out? What about rubber fuel lines, filters, etc.? Since they started adding ethanol to ALL gasoline, a lot of boats are having issues with fuel delivery components breaking down from the ethanol. Might be the source of your carb troubles.

Finished last season with pretty much empty tank then added 100 gal before trial last weekend so I"m sure that churned up some stuff. I have new WIX fuel water separators but using existing fuel lines. I did find a little bit of garbage in the sendondary needle and seat and after blowing all out with brake cleaner the carb seems fine now. I will no more this weekend during the next trial. This time I will more than likely be able to handle any issues while on the water and not have to come home.
Old 06-26-2014, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How much fuel did you dump into the motor? I would consider changing the oil in the engine that was flooded. If there was enough fuel in there to dilute the oil, you could scuff the bearings on your brand new motor.
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'll pull a sample. Thanks for the heads up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.