Bleeding add on dual ram IMCO steering system

Notices

Bleeding add on dual ram IMCO steering system

Old 11-04-2013, 01:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bleeding add on dual ram IMCO steering system

My 28' Warlock came with a single ram IMCO add on steering system so I added the second ram to make it dual ram. After turning it back and forth numerous times while running the engine, I still get an occasional violent shudder in the steering and it is a little easier to turn left than right. Does this sound like air is still trapped in the control valve? Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill
Old 11-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just read heading of post...sounds like pump may not be able to keep up, you can ck the orface size hole under the pressure line coming out of the pump, they recommend them to be drilled out, can't remember the size right off..but adding more stuff to operate off the same pump this can show up...AGR makes a specific marine pump for this..

Last edited by ezstriper; 11-06-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:42 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Thanks. My pump has already been resized so I am still at a loss why there is a shudder in the steering.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:03 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still may not be flowing enough volume to keep up...keep in mind you have more than doubled the amount to parts it has to "work", if you raise the RPM does the issue go away ? if so the pump is not keeping up....had the same issue with mine
Old 11-07-2013, 08:13 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have seen the filter become obstructed to the point;will flow at a slow rate not keeping up with the 2nd ram. Try cleaning in solvent and blow out, you will most likely have to replace it.
If you have any air in system, this will be noticeable by shutting engine down, go to back of drive and see if you can move drive. Push on it with your foot, with force, if it moves air is present. Just repeat; bleeding if movement occurs.