Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
super charging a 502 efi.... where to start >

super charging a 502 efi.... where to start

Notices

super charging a 502 efi.... where to start

Old 11-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of good info here on how to do it right. With as many of the ProChargers that are out I am sure not all of the standard installs have done bad. With a low hour healthy motor how many hours of non abusive use are people seeing before things go bad?
Old 11-19-2013, 07:22 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Is that a 27 VIP vindicator.. Is so thats a rare boat. Between 2 and 5 built depending on who you talk to. Not the fastest hull out there but not too bad.

Chris
Old 11-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JerrodGlover
Lots of good info here on how to do it right. With as many of the ProChargers that are out I am sure not all of the standard installs have done bad. With a low hour healthy motor how many hours of non abusive use are people seeing before things go bad?
for a while....the point is their bandaid fuel system trying to make the stock stuff work and does not for long, and instead of retuning the ECM they jack up the fuel pressure to 90+psi again another bandaid...do want you want...
Old 11-20-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes it is the 27 VIP Vindicator. You are correct as far as the hull not being the fastest, a lot in my opinion is to do with the width... 8-6 compared to the narrower hulled boats. I live on lake Erie so I enjoy the more stable ride in the rough water that we get. I've been on a 29 scarrab with the same power plant and narrow hull and the ride wasn't even close to being as safe and comfortable in my opinion as mine. New to performance boating so maybe I'm wrong about my thinking. I would post a pic but not sure how to do it from my smart phone
Old 11-20-2013, 03:23 PM
Registered

[IMG][/IMG]

lets see if I can post this pic correctly
Old 11-20-2013, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeek
[IMG][/IMG]

lets see if I can post this pic correctly
I didn't know there was boating in Chernobyl

Sorry, the background caught me off guard. Nice boat
Old 11-21-2013, 04:31 AM
Registered

That's the Norfolk Southern Coal Dock in the background, and also my place of employment
Old 11-21-2013, 05:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
I didn't know there was boating in Chernobyl

Sorry, the background caught me off guard. Nice boat
4bus, the boating community really took a hit after the nuclear fall out.

Nice boat zeek, it looks like it is in good enough shape tat s worth putting some money into. Like everyone else says a good fuel system is key, along with tuning, unfortunately like everything else it gets expensive quick. But if you can do the mechanical work yourself and find a good tuner then you can save Afew bucks. Good luck!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Thats the only 27 VIP I have ever seen in the water. It is Beautiful. What year is it 2000? Good luck with the procharger. Thats a beast of a boat so if you get her above 60 you might want hydraulic steering.

Chris
Old 11-21-2013, 03:28 PM
Registered

The boat is a 1995, I painted the boat and put all new interior in it this spring. The boat runs mid 60's now with a 24p Hydromotive quad 4 prop right now. It starts to chime between 55-58 mph then smooths right back out at 60. besides that and the vapor lock issue I love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.