NEW 502 blocks

Notices

NEW 502 blocks

Old 12-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
PBM a year ago acquired some of World Products blocks. I have not heard Dart making any blocks for PBM but they (PBM) do carry Dart blocks especially the Aluminum version. I did hear that PBM small blocks are from China but again heresay, I will be at PRI also for the whole duration. If anyone wants to meet up I can post cell #.
PBM acquired the cast iron part of World Products. They have completely, retooled and reprogrammed the machining operations. All of the tolerance stacking and casting imperfections have been corrected. PBM has stopped selling Dart block for a few years now. The original cast small block they produced back years ago was done in China, and there were issues with it. I was told by my rep. that PBM had specific specs for the block and the QA was not done properly. Measurements were all over the place, core shift and more. It comes down to; someone was not doing their job and they were trusting their over seas person.
All of those blocks and heads have been; cut apart, sonic measured and verified to be correct. I know for a fact the owner of the company would not stand for an inferior product, nor does she tolerate someone not doing their job. I have purchased from PBM for many years and have always been satisfied with their parts and service.
If anyone has any questions; I can asked the 2nd person in charge for comments or answers to any of your questions.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:55 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

If these turn out to be good blocks I would probably scrap the block I have been waiting to get from machine shop for almost a year now and just buy one of these ready to rock. Looking to be N/A around 800 hp capable out of this block. I have everything waiting, balanced ready to go in minus file fitting rings. I would rather assemble my 548 than the scab 454 "backup plan" I am doing now.

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 12-10-2013 at 02:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The PBM/ World blocks and heads, come from the same foundry in Michigan. The head machining is done in NC, blocks I will have to ask; about machining.
Old 12-10-2013, 09:31 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

MK you can't touch this Hammer has his price on the net for the big block $1650 so someone got another 100 off inwhich is a steal if those blocks are any good. I think Jegs has Dart big blocks on sale for $2150. I'm at PRI so I'll get to see what and who has the GEN VI with the mechical fuel pump boss. I'll hit up PBM for pricing also. So a female owns them ?
Old 12-14-2013, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

I talked with Mike (MK Hammer) yesterday. Real nice guy and has built several motors from these blocks. He says they are cast by PBM/World and are of a better alloy than factory blocks. Cast in China and machined in USA (just like World blocks). Use all gen 6 hardware unlike the world blocks. Seems to be a good block. $1550 for just the block. Needs line hone/check, decks squated, and final hone to be ready to use. Im gonna check status of my block after the new year and maybe order one.
Old 12-14-2013, 01:24 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Like a said a GREAT buy. JOHN SR
Old 12-14-2013, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
MK you can't touch this Hammer has his price on the net for the big block $1650 so someone got another 100 off inwhich is a steal if those blocks are any good. I think Jegs has Dart big blocks on sale for $2150. I'm at PRI so I'll get to see what and who has the GEN VI with the mechical fuel pump boss. I'll hit up PBM for pricing also. So a female owns them ?
PBM= Paula's boat money. Thought everyone new that...
Old 12-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
He says they are cast by PBM/World and are of a better alloy than factory blocks. Cast in China and machined in USA (just like World blocks). Use all gen 6 hardware unlike the world blocks. Seems to be a good block. $1550 for just the block..
Of course its a better alloy, China leads the world Unexplainium production. Honestly, with all the $$$ it takes to build a decent motor, why would you risk it, saving 500.00 on base/foundation of your motor?! Sorry, but I wouldn't use one of these blocks if it were given to me.
Old 12-16-2013, 08:54 PM
Pirate of the Chesapeake
Gold Member

Liquidlounge!! Reason!!! is why spend the big money on the Dart blocks last ones I bought for a pair plus shipping was over 5,000.00.When all you want to do is build a almost stock 502 and no used blocks are available and your using all your stock gm parts except for a cam.Don't need any high dollar blocks on a blue collar guys pocket.If they are giving them away I'll take 2.That is the reason. JOHN SR
Old 12-17-2013, 08:11 AM
Registered

I don't know who is making these blocks, but it isn't World or PBM. My guess would be Pro Comp if there is no identifying markings on them. All World's blocks have a World logo cast on them and they are cast and machined here in the USA. PBM has not made any iron blocks for several years. Whether or not the blocks in question are cast in China I can't say - but if there isn't a World logo on them, they are something other than World Products. Just my $.02

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.