Cam shaft numbers >

Cam shaft numbers

Notices

Cam shaft numbers

Old 03-04-2014, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rattlesnake Jake
Too bad a build off between the 2 combatants can't not be arranged with no outside assistance. Same cu in, carbed, no SC, pump gas. All machine work and assembly done by each individual..
Who is going to buy straub the tools and teach him how to use them? Can't pull a GM throttle body but build an engine. This Utube video will crash their servers.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:48 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
Who is going to buy straub the tools and teach him how to use them? Can't pull a GM throttle body but build an engine. This Utube video will crash their servers.
Doug,
You know bill should have checked the lifter bore tolerance and primed the engine before it was ever put in the boat. The lifter are free from mfg defects or issues. New aftermarket blocks have tight lifter bores so that they can be "dialed in" to tolerance. This simple check on the engine building list cost these customers their engines. He chooses to blame the parts. Parts are designed to work in tolerances. Bill did not have proper tolerances.

I'm sure Doug that Bill will own his own Seat and Guide machine some day. I will say the SF600 updated with the Performance Trends software works very nice. Makes for flowing heads much quicker. I hope to have the Duramax flow plate back soon so we can get started on this diesel stuff. Should have some Cummin's test results back on some new lobes very soon.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cstraub
You know bill should have checked the lifter bore tolerance and primed the engine before it was ever put in the boat. The lifter are free from mfg defects or issues. New aftermarket blocks have tight lifter bores so that they can be "dialed in" to tolerance. This simple check on the engine building list cost these customers their engines. He chooses to blame the parts. Parts are designed to work in tolerances. Bill did not have proper tolerances.

I'm sure Doug that Bill will own his own Seat and Guide machine some day. I will say the SF600 updated with the Performance Trends software works very nice. Makes for flowing heads much quicker. I hope to have the Duramax flow plate back soon so we can get started on this diesel stuff. Should have some Cummin's test results back on some new lobes very soon.
This has got to be the most worthless comment you have ever made (and thats saying something as most are worthless).

so you have a hidden camera that recorded S30 building these motors? No, I didn't think so. You don't even understand what you typed, because its a cut/paste., What part of "these were the ONLY 5" to have issues did you miss straub?

ONLY 5 failed, and they all had straub junk in them. and yet, as usual, you are blaming the builder. Or IOW, you are saying that he did hundreds of motor right, but not the only 5 that had your junk in them. Do you even believe the garbage you type? The ONLY common thing here is that the failures were the only ones, and they had your junk in them. nothing more, nothing less. NO OTHER LIFTER FAILURES besides your junk.

and straub, I'm so impressed that you claim to own a machine. goodie for you. I can buy one too. course I would be just like you, and not have a clue how it worked. The Serdi that S30 uses every day works just fine. Just because he doesn't own it means nothing.

I guess because the engine builders at HMS don't own the machines, that they are useless too. better tell that to your buddy that works there, and see how it takes it when you tell him that.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cstraub
I do own a Sunnen VGS20 Doug. I do own a Sunnen Gauge.
did you figure out what sunnen gauge you own yet? ask steelchump. maybe he knows.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,086 Likes on 1,388 Posts

Originally Posted by Zone 5
did you figure out what sunnen gauge you own yet? ask steelchump. maybe he knows.
Well, he did buy an intake, heads, and exhaust for his boat...but that never went on because he didn't know how to install them and hiss buddies wouldn't do it.

Intake + Exhaust was Chinese too even though he always toughts this when it sounds good:

Yeah as we ship our $18@hour mfg. jobs overseas, it will be interesting to see if we can buy and build our hotrods on $6.50@hour part time WalMart jobs. Walmart shopping is the last resort for this American.

Chris
Old 03-04-2014, 07:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to know why anyone would sell a cast cam for $500 and tell people its ok to run over #600 over the nose. Why Bullet says no more than #450 on the same core. Also when I asked Bullet about my Morel lifters they said I didn't even get the short travel performance ones. No Chris I do not think I will ever buy from Straub Technologies ever again.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mrcapsize
I want to know why anyone would sell a cast cam for $500 and tell people its ok to run over #600 over the nose. Why Bullet says no more than #450 on the same core. Also when I asked Bullet about my Morel lifters they said I didn't even get the short travel performance ones. No Chris I do not think I will ever buy from Straub Technologies ever again.
Because a straub cam is special. its a special straub casting. Its special, because when you break it, he will tell you that you installed it wrong.

Let me guess. your lifter were ordered one way and came the other? with nothing buy an invoice.

I hope your charged this so you can contest it on your CC and get your money back.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:22 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 25 Likes on 6 Posts

This thread is now closed, too many report to moderators have been logged. If the bickering continues members WILL be banned.