Cam shaft numbers >

Cam shaft numbers

Notices

Cam shaft numbers

Old 01-27-2014, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by pslonaker
Good guessing on your part...but wrong on a few things. No matter. Dont you recognize a Holley 500. Maybe you should schedule another eye exam.
I prob could use an eye exam. My eyes are seeing a pretty sweet fuel line setup to that carb. Is that a 1/4'' or 5/16'' rubber fuel line clamped to the fuel log? Guess that's suffice for a 775HP monster.

I love your youtube videos that have you talking $hit about me, mike tkach, Haxby, Brian41, and others. You are the man.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:17 PM
Registered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOKvhPis_U

I made this video to try to help others who are not quite sure of themselves, be able to do their own motor work and have the confidence to know that they did it right...but of course there are some Morons like these that use the screen name of "Brian41", "HaxbySpeed", "mike tkach", "Mild Thunder" & "4bus" on a web site called OffShoreOnly (http://www.offshoreonly.com/) who are nothing more than cry-baby losers that know nothing about me or my motors. These clowns are the type that if you dont agree with them or worship anything they say, then they go out of their way to bad-mouth you or try to discredit you. What they fail to see from the emails that I get is that they discredit themselves with many people on OSO. It is like if you are not in their little butt-buddy group, we are going to get you. Yea well...YAWN...I have posted my address on OSO before for one other wann-B badass to come make his stand, but strange...no one has ever shown up. What does this tell you?. OSO is a great boating site, but it is a shame that they let people like this on it that do nothing more than to try to stir up ****. None of these clowns would know me if I was standing next to them and none of them knows a damn thing about my engine facilities, but they think that they speak with all the knowledge in the world, when in reality, they know nothing except what they fabricate...a nice way to say that they lie. The one thing I will give them credit for is all the free advertising they pass out for me and believe me, it does pay off. They think they are doing me harm but this is not the case. I am sure tho that you will agree that little cowards are brave as Hell on the keyboard. One claims that I am "pounding" in a piston with a brass hammer...hmmm...maybe I should pound harder. One also claims that I have a Harbour Freight ring compressor when in reality, this ring compressor came from Summit. It doesnt matter as I do have a few things from Harbour Freight...like a chain hoist, generator, a few tools and other stuff that they had that I decided that I wanted because the price was good. Harbour Freight has some good stuff and some junk stuff...no different from anyother tool shop. All in all...these clowns are nothing more than run-your-mouth cock suckers who loves to try to start a rukus. Like I said, OSO is a great site, but it is ashame to have a good site and then have trailer trash people like these clowns on it to make the whole site look bad.

Building a 509 for Larry Cobb. This motor has a Gen vl block with a stock crank, Manley rods, JE pistons, and Dart iron Eagle Heads. Larry didnt want alot of power...just a motor that he doesnt have to mess with or work on so that he can enjoy his 27 Fountain. This is also my small shop...nothing fancy...just functional. This is where I put them together. It is not where the machine work is done. So for those that want to laugh...have at it. I do the work...not an employee, so the buck stops right here with me.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMOKvhPis_U

I made this video to try to help others who are not quite sure of themselves, be able to do their own motor work and have the confidence to know that they did it right...but of course there are some Morons like these that use the screen name of "Brian41", "HaxbySpeed", "mike tkach", "Mild Thunder" & "4bus" on a web site called OffShoreOnly (http://www.offshoreonly.com/) who are nothing more than cry-baby losers that know nothing about me or my motors. These clowns are the type that if you dont agree with them or worship anything they say, then they go out of their way to bad-mouth you or try to discredit you. What they fail to see from the emails that I get is that they discredit themselves with many people on OSO. It is like if you are not in their little butt-buddy group, we are going to get you. Yea well...YAWN...I have posted my address on OSO before for one other wann-B badass to come make his stand, but strange...no one has ever shown up. What does this tell you?. OSO is a great boating site, but it is a shame that they let people like this on it that do nothing more than to try to stir up ****. None of these clowns would know me if I was standing next to them and none of them knows a damn thing about my engine facilities, but they think that they speak with all the knowledge in the world, when in reality, they know nothing except what they fabricate...a nice way to say that they lie. The one thing I will give them credit for is all the free advertising they pass out for me and believe me, it does pay off. They think they are doing me harm but this is not the case. I am sure tho that you will agree that little cowards are brave as Hell on the keyboard. One claims that I am "pounding" in a piston with a brass hammer...hmmm...maybe I should pound harder. One also claims that I have a Harbour Freight ring compressor when in reality, this ring compressor came from Summit. It doesnt matter as I do have a few things from Harbour Freight...like a chain hoist, generator, a few tools and other stuff that they had that I decided that I wanted because the price was good. Harbour Freight has some good stuff and some junk stuff...no different from anyother tool shop. All in all...these clowns are nothing more than run-your-mouth cock suckers who loves to try to start a rukus. Like I said, OSO is a great site, but it is ashame to have a good site and then have trailer trash people like these clowns on it to make the whole site look bad.

Building a 509 for Larry Cobb. This motor has a Gen vl block with a stock crank, Manley rods, JE pistons, and Dart iron Eagle Heads. Larry didnt want alot of power...just a motor that he doesnt have to mess with or work on so that he can enjoy his 27 Fountain. This is also my small shop...nothing fancy...just functional. This is where I put them together. It is not where the machine work is done. So for those that want to laugh...have at it. I do the work...not an employee, so the buck stops right here with me.

Aut-o...you found it..

BTW...fuel line is 1/4
Old 01-27-2014, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 1,182 Likes on 564 Posts

Here is a pic of a 565ci 787HP. It has EFI dual 1000cfm throttle bodies, fully ported Dart Pro1 heads (flow 400+cfm) cam most would consider an RV cam shelf Comp 230/236 and makes its power @ 6250rpm. Like Haxby stated earlier, it's a combination of all components.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]517303[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]517304[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Cam shaft numbers-jim.jpg   Cam shaft numbers-jimv.jpg  

Last edited by Rookie; 01-27-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im asking for help or what everybody else was using, I didn't start this to bring out old battles, that's why everyone is afraid to ask questions, everyone knows that nobodys engines are going to be like another im simply looking at numbers. as Rodney king stated( cant we all get along).
Old 01-27-2014, 09:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

rookie those look nice.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Registered

Received 1,182 Likes on 564 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
rookie those look nice.
Thanks, in your search of your ideal cam I really have no input. I had a friend that ran a 540 with minor ported Edelbrock heads and a 741 cam. It dynoed at 630HP in full marine prep. Stainless Marine manifold, sea water pump and accessories. Pushed an '87 240 Baja 80mph. Which I thought was impressive.
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
im asking for help or what everybody else was using, I didn't start this to bring out old battles, that's why everyone is afraid to ask questions, everyone knows that nobodys engines are going to be like another im simply looking at numbers. as Rodney king stated( cant we all get along).
Johnny I think we asked multiple times on this thread as to what the current specs on your engines are. Just telling us its a 557CI with brodix heads doesn't give anyone a lot to work with as far as a cam recommendation.

We need things like the cylinder head model and what and if any work has been done, compression ratio, intake manifold, exhaust system, etc.

I had a N/A 540ci. It had a 741 crane cam. Made 600HP with merlin iron heads and 9:1 compression and a dart single plane. To make 700+ reliable hp from a N/A 540, its gonna take more than just 'a good cam'. Without a doubt it can be done, but theres a lot more to it. I am sure those heads on Valako's engines Rookie posted aren't just bolted on as cast out of the box heads. Shooting from the hip here, but my guess is your head/cam combo is limiting you.

I apologize for getting off topic, but I am sorry when someone chimes in suggesting a camshaft with almost 270* of ex duration, not even knowing anything about your engines, no reversion concerns, I can't keep quiet. Just trying to look out for you on that one. Then again, what do I know, that just might be the hot ticket for your engines. Good luck, Im out on this one.

Last edited by MILD THUNDER; 01-27-2014 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:00 PM
Registered

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

The funny thing is everyone he mentioned, MT, mike, brain41, haxby and 4bus are all great members of the site. A wealth of knowledge and help any member who asks. Lol. Good luck Johnny. Hope you get it figured out.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Reread the first question I asked. I was wondering what everyone else is running for cams in 540 to 565ci n/a 700plus engines no blowers., as far as mentioning names I haven't, I bought the heads from mike tkach. icu looking your right that's why I ask questions I bought **** cause it sounded like I needed but I should had listened to more experienced people.Mild thunder i appreciate you and the others input.

Last edited by johnnyboatman; 01-27-2014 at 10:28 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.