PAINFUL Corsa Problem.  Advice needed... >

PAINFUL Corsa Problem. Advice needed...

Notices

PAINFUL Corsa Problem. Advice needed...

Old 08-13-2002, 11:02 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Default PAINFUL Corsa Problem. Advice needed...

I have Corsa Captains Call on my HP500EFI. This weekend I had a problem with the starboard side diverter. It actually went INSIDE the pipe toward the header, and would not go back to its pivoting position with the solenoid. I had to pull the pin off of the solenoid actuator, and pry the diverter back into place with vice grips. When the diverter popped back into place, I lost a large piece of my thumbnail in the process which hurt(s) like B&^%H!!!

Has this happened to anyone before? What have you done about it? Long term damage? I did not use my 'mufflers' again this weekend for fear of it happening again. I will do some serious investigation starting tomorrow, but I need to know some things to go on. ANY and ALL input is MUCHO appreciated!!
Old 08-14-2002, 10:12 AM
wilerty

Keep in mind that Corsa has a three year warranty on parts ... should you need any. I have not heard of your problem before.

Old 08-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a similar problem. On 2 of my 4 units, an internal splash diverter, just to the stern of the pivoting flap, came unwelded and jammed the pivot. Sent them all back to the factory for re-welding. Corsa sent them back UNREPAIRED. Returned them, and Corsa did the same thing a second time: returned them UNREPAIRED.
The third time they finally did it right.

By the way, tey would NOT cover the repairs under warranty, even though I had the boat for less than 3 years.
Old 08-17-2002, 03:48 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Well, I pulled off the tips, and checked the diverters. The SB side one definately had a butterfly shape to it, looking from a side view. I did not pull it all apart. The SB side solenoid is definately shot now. I will replace that. I utilized two hammers and a small pry bar, and bent the diverter back into an almost straight position, to the point I did not want to bang on it anymore, and break the diverter and be in real trouble. I will replace the solenoid, and we will see what happens.
Thanks everyone!
Old 08-18-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The diverter vibrates causing the bushings to wear and the diverter jams.The fix 1.Keep the diverter open.2.Replace the bushing.
Old 08-19-2002, 05:38 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Thanks DD, very simple and great explaination and help.