Pro charger and carb Info >

Pro charger and carb Info

Notices

Pro charger and carb Info

Old 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I run a M3 only 5-6psi as of now, I talked to Patrick @ Prosystems, he did not want me to run without a box, as he felt there was not way to keep from blowing a small amount to fumes out thru the throttle shafts and in a enclosed engine compartment...not good...
Weird. My buddy had prosystems blow thru's, with the throttle shafts pressurized via fittings for that purpose.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Weird. My buddy had prosystems blow thru's, with the throttle shafts pressurized via fittings for that purpose.
Do you have any pics of pressurized throttle shafts .I'm just trying to picture in my little brain,what you are describing
Old 03-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by motor
Do you have any pics of pressurized throttle shafts .I'm just trying to picture in my little brain,what you are describing
Let me see if I can find one
Old 03-02-2014, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 111 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
I run a M3 only 5-6psi as of now, I talked to Patrick @ Prosystems, he did not want me to run without a box, as he felt there was not way to keep from blowing a small amount to fumes out thru the throttle shafts and in a enclosed engine compartment...not good...
I was told by both manufactures that the only coast guard approved method of a blow-through carb application was with a box and if you had a fire your insurance co would not cover .
Old 03-02-2014, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
ezstriper! So what configuration carb are you running.Is it set up for a box a blow thru or a stock type. JOHN SR
john, just remember you dont need alot of carb or cfm for a blow-through set up..all you may need is a 650 cfm carb..the air is forcing the fuel out of the carb..to be honest call c&s and have them build you a arosol carb with progressive linkage..i always use a carb that all four barrels open at once so your getting a equal fuel charge through the transition..their is a few tricks that need to be done to the carb in a blow through system..just changing jets dont cut it..you also have to open op the passeges to tje power valves to feed the bigger jets..just have c7s build a carb..http://www.candsspecialties.com/abcmods.html
Old 03-03-2014, 08:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fenderjack
ezstriper! So what configuration carb are you running.Is it set up for a box a blow thru or a stock type. JOHN SR
I now am running our own EFI with a hat, using megasquirt, our own harness and tune...

Last edited by ezstriper; 03-03-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
He said even with "sealed" throttle shafts they do blow out a small amount of fuel under boost...said they noticed it on the dyno...
Old 03-03-2014, 08:38 AM
Registered

with carb...
Old 03-03-2014, 08:40 AM
Registered

with EFI

Old 03-03-2014, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

does your megasquirt throttle body have a shaft for the throttle blade or blades because if so you still may have some fuel leakage under boost.the deal patric from pro systems sells for carb apps with a hat consists if modifying the carb and a plate under the carb.it is a really neat deal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.