Hook in 24 Outlaw >

Hook in 24 Outlaw

Notices

Hook in 24 Outlaw

Old 02-28-2014, 12:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hook in 24 Outlaw

Has anyone removed the hook at the transom on the 24 outlaw, or known anyone to do it? What are the pro's and cons to doing this? MPH gain? handling effects? etc...???
Old 02-28-2014, 01:49 PM
Registered

My buddy was thinking about doing the same thing to his Formula. Considering the time and money it would take to get this done it did not seem worth it......Your Baja may be different, I am interested myself.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

I am unsure, i have several back and forth thoughts on it. I read through a few threads none pertaining to the 24 Outlaw but bigger outlaws with twins, and it seems like the only ones i read that really benefited was a 29 outlaw which picked up 3mph, but it caused some pourpoising at cruise speeds. I would think removing them would make the bow easier to carry, and wouldn't be so much need for a cupped prop for bow lift. But also read that on a smaller single like mine that those hooks aren't in the water at speeds like the twins are I am no expert just thoughts I had.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

removed a hook on a 93 ish 24 outlaw and a 22 velocity. both gain a few mph. put a straight edge on it and get sanding.
Old 03-01-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Have any negative effects? Handling? Did it make the boat porpoise? Harder to get on plane? What kind of speeds were you running and what kind of prop?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:52 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Once you get into the 80's that part of the hull is out of the water. If your running 70 you will probably pick up a little after that I think it's a waist of time and money.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you have trim tabs. Drop them down and see if you loose any speed. This is exacly what hook does. Boats are NOT supposed to have hook. I can blue print it out for you . I am in So Cal.. Chad