Prop Direction and Drive Direction >

Prop Direction and Drive Direction

Notices

Prop Direction and Drive Direction

Old 03-20-2014, 03:20 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 35fountain
A friend of my changed the props without changing the shifters at first to try it..Going out of the marina was fine coming back in he totally forgot LOL and when he put the boat in reverse it went forward and he crashed into the dock I guess it could be confusing. I think i'll just swap the 2 shift cables..
I only ran it with the props swapped to see what kind of speed i would lose , then i put them back before i came in ,i did not want encounter any docking problems , the next time i came out it was all changed around .
Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 35fountain
A friend of my changed the props without changing the shifters at first to try it..Going out of the marina was fine coming back in he totally forgot LOL and when he put the boat in reverse it went forward and he crashed into the dock I guess it could be confusing. I think i'll just swap the 2 shift cables..
Yeah, you wouldn't want to get seated and hammer the throttles forward, only to face plant the dash.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:52 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Yeah, you wouldn't want to get seated and hammer the throttles forward, only to face plant the dash.
That would only happen to this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15p8QDqex04&app=desktop ...as discussed on this thread:
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...rd-drives.html

The rest of us know how to drive.

Related:
Did I ever tell you about the time I almost landed my AT in the back of my truck trying to "back" off the trailer (with the installed reversed)?

It it would have been a Fountain, I'd have needed a new windshield in the truck.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 03-20-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Personally I like my props turning in. Sure its a bit harder to dock, but at least I have an excuse for when I look like an azzhole trying to back in the slip. If my props were spinning out, and I still cant get it in straight, then, well, I have no excuse! lol
Old 03-20-2014, 07:54 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Personally I like my props turning in. Sure its a bit harder to dock, but at least I have an excuse for when I look like an azzhole trying to back in the slip. If my props were spinning out, and I still cant get it in straight, then, well, I have no excuse! lol
I never thought of it that way , but i need all the help i can get .