Another dyno session today >

Another dyno session today

Notices

Another dyno session today

Old 03-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Registered

Received 394 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by mike tkach
thanks sam,mild talks to bob madera alot and when discussing my lifter delema with bob,along with john callies they both said that the street lifters my normal parts guy talked me into buying were not right for the spring pressures and rpm,s my engines have so i decided to bite the bullet and change them to the racing lifters that i was origionally going to use.bob also recomended going with the heavier wall pushrods.at first i could not grasp how a .080 wall pushrod could be bending but when it was explained to me what a spintron was seing i decided to upgrade to the .135 wall pushrods.the atmospheric conditions were a lot better today than they were on my last dyno session but i do feel that the changes i made did help a little in the hp department but the peace of mind having the correct parts is the big reward.i want to thank mild thunder and icdedppl for their help today.dan refered to us as THE 3 AMIGO,S.one thing is forsure ,we do help each other and we all learn from each other.
Bob is a wealth of information and the unrivaled expert in our sport, and a hell of great guy.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

in the boat with the oil cooler conected it drops app 20 lbs,also i changed from brad penn to valvoline oil and even though both are 20w50 the valvoline made more pressure.
Dude.....lets not make this an oil thread hahah

Thank you for your Valvoline purchase
Old 03-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 568 Likes on 340 Posts

That is awesome. I was reading up on prostock motors recently, they are all about stiff valvetrains over lightness. Monster cam diameters, big lifters, big pushrods, and tremendous spring pressures. They are trying to prevent any unwanted deflection in the pushrod and cam.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:08 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
That is awesome. I was reading up on prostock motors recently, they are all about stiff valvetrains over lightness. Monster cam diameters, big lifters, big pushrods, and tremendous spring pressures. They are trying to prevent any unwanted deflection in the pushrod and cam.
yes and i believe they shift at 11000+rpm,amazing for a pushrod engine.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Nice work boys. That's some impressive power!!!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Great thread, thanks for sharing! You guys have put together some nice pieces and I've learned a lot from you all. Thanks!
Old 03-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by korvetkeith
Yeah and they use valves made out of material much like the good valve seats cost something like $500 a valve and they only run them one run. 60mm cams with no cam bearings (they coat the cam and let it ride in the block) 5/8 pushrods. Of Coarse that was about 5 years ago I don't know what exactly they are doing now cause everyone is renting motors and not alowed to do any work to them.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Registered

Received 433 Likes on 193 Posts

Sweet! Thanks for sharing. I need a HP support group in CLE like they have in Chi-Town....
Old 03-22-2014, 05:14 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

we did do some jet changes but in the end we are jetted almost exactly as they were when i took them out of the box,imo the quickfuel carbs are the way to go.i know it sais crane cam on the dyno sheet but that is not correct,these are custom grinds from comp cams 648 lift 256I 270E at .050hyd roller.in the future i will consult with bob madera for my camshafts unless the build warrants a shelf COOKIE CUTTER cam.
Right on the Quick Fuel carbs. They are here in Bowling Green about a mile from Holley. They are great people and will do anything you need no problem. They run their carbs prior to being shipped. I've used them on several engines and they have all been calibrated near perfect right out of the box. IMO the least expensive and the best.
Nice engines, congrats.
Old 03-22-2014, 05:34 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Very cool! I bet you guys had a blast playing with that engine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.