Another dyno session today >

Another dyno session today

Notices

Another dyno session today

Old 03-21-2014, 04:19 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Another dyno session today

My partner in crime here Mike Tkach decided to redyno one of his engines today. A while back, his parts supplier, sold him the standard street morel lifters, for these engines. Told him "these are the lifters all my marine guys run". Well, after looking at them, we noticed they were not the good endurance lifters. They had some run time on them, with no issues yet, but YET, being the key word. So, Mike bought the right ones. He also upgraded his pushrods to a .135 wall while swapping them out. Our thought was initially to prevent parts breakage, as the street lifters just arent up to the task at hand here. We also talked about the possibility, that the street lifters (which werent designed for the spring psi he has) were possibly bleeding down, sacrificing some cam lift. Alot of things I discussed with RMBUILDER on the phone. It just made sense.

Today, we ran it again. Same jets, same overdrive, same timing as last year. Last years peak was 1167HP. Today, we saw 1201. We did have good air today, compared to last session, which netted about 1/2psi more boost at peak.

Mikes engines are 588CI, callies magnum cranks, carillo rods, Dart 355 CNC heads, hyd roller cammed, 8.3L whipple with a pair of quickfuel 1050's. Its amazing how well those bypass valves work, for idle quality.Its always a lot of laughs with this crew...Mike Tkach, Icdedppl wrenching on the blower, and me representin oso. Good times. [ATTACH=CONFIG]520721[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]520723[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Another dyno session today-mikesdyno.jpg   Another dyno session today-mikesdyno1.jpg   Another dyno session today-mikesdynosheet.jpg  

Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Registered

WTF. Here we go again with the sideways pictures. Dan, help me out here will ya.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Sick!
Old 03-21-2014, 04:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Stout numbers. Is that on dyno headers or marine exhaust? Looks like he's taking A/F readings for left and right bank instead of individual cylinders. I'm looking at dyno shops near me, and most of them seem to do it this way. I'm guessing you would have less issues with even cyl-to-cyl distribution with the dual carbs and supercharger. Wondering if I need to find a shop that can take individual A/F numbers for my single carb NA build. thoughts?
Old 03-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Wait, I read here that you can take a truck engine to 7500 rpm, why are you spending big money to make the same hp?
Registered

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
WTF. Here we go again with the sideways pictures. Dan, help me out here will ya.
Well, at least the avatar isn't sideways. We would all have sore necks!
Registered

Received 4,235 Likes on 1,216 Posts

Love them screw blowers!

let me get you straightened out Joe:

Old 03-21-2014, 04:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Stout numbers. Is that on dyno headers or marine exhaust? Looks like he's taking A/F readings for left and right bank instead of individual cylinders. I'm looking at dyno shops near me, and most of them seem to do it this way. I'm guessing you would have less issues with even cyl-to-cyl distribution with the dual carbs and supercharger. Wondering if I need to find a shop that can take individual A/F numbers for my single carb NA build. thoughts?
Dyno headers. Yes, they are taking the AFR readings from behind the collector. They have an EGT temp probe in each cylinder. The temps from cyl to cyl, are all within reason. About as good as it gets, without port efi imo. Engine ran with BP 93 gas today.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:40 PM
Registered

Yeah, one of the shops I talked to was just doing the A/F ratio at the collectors - nothing on the individual runners. Not sure if I'm comfortable with that.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Budman II
Yeah, one of the shops I talked to was just doing the A/F ratio at the collectors - nothing on the individual runners. Not sure if I'm comfortable with that.
I think you'll be just fine on a 600HP N/A deal. Watch the EGT temps. You can work the jets a bit to help cool a hot cylinder.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.