Water Pressure >

Water Pressure

Notices

Water Pressure

Old 04-02-2014, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water Pressure

Where are you guys tying in for your water pressure gauges. I have a Livorsi mechanical water pressure gauge, its on a gen 6 502 mpi, and curious where people were connecting the tube to the motor for a good reading?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Ayuh,... Tappin' into the T-stat housin', where the temp sender is, will give ya Block pressure, which is the important point to Me,...
Old 04-02-2014, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

I put mine in place of one of the block drains...
Old 04-02-2014, 01:20 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They're tapped into the T-stat housing for the 6.2 MX Mercs in my boat so I guess it should work for your 502 too. I have tubes installed as well to back up the SmartCraft electric with manual gauges.There are plugs on the right hand side of the T-stat housing where to install sensor or mechanical fittings.

Last edited by spectras only; 04-02-2014 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Yea I don't have a factory t stat housing as I have a crossover kit with bypass. I am going to take a better look around, as someone told me there should be a plug in the intake right there I could use. I am not getting much reading at all out of the drain hole in the block, but I am flowing plenty of water
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by ealesh33
Yea I don't have a factory t stat housing as I have a crossover kit with bypass. I am going to take a better look around, as someone told me there should be a plug in the intake right there I could use. I am not getting much reading at all out of the drain hole in the block, but I am flowing plenty of water
If you are running it on a hose, you won't see more than a few psi. Might see 5 psi with reving it.
Readings from the block or intake should be the same.
Old 04-03-2014, 01:44 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Block drains clog up with junk and won't read anything on the gauge. T stat housing or intake is a much better place
Old 04-06-2014, 10:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by jbraun2828
Block drains clog up with junk and won't read anything on the gauge. T stat housing or intake is a much better place
Yes, they will clog. That's where mine is connected and it fills with sand and junk.

Since I have to remove the hose to drain that side of the block anyway, I break the connection to the gauge under the dash and blow it out with an air hose as part of my winterizing process.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Mine are the block drains and never a problem. I don't beach or shallow water, so never an issue.
On a different thought process, when your block drain connected press gauge do stop working do to sand or whatever, you know it's time to flush your block.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:38 PM
Registered

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Now the question that begs is what pressure do you want? Flow is more important of course and is often inverse of pressure (such as if you had an outlet obstruction yielding very high pressure, low flow and overheat) A fire hose has no pressure at the end but great flow. If you plug the fire hose then the pressure at the end will go high as flow goes to zero. Not as simple as high pressure good, low bad. Flow. An interesting puzzle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.