Steering Actuator >

Steering Actuator

Notices

Steering Actuator

Old 04-26-2014, 02:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Actuator

So my what looks like original steering actuator in my 92 outlaw was leaking so I had to replace it. I picked up the newer version, the new lines, and installed today. Here is my question; with having the new actuator, and new lines I understood it as a direct swap. But when I put it all together and went to put the pin in for the tiller arm it isn't long enough. The pin for the steering cable is just fine. In the threads I read when I searched never mentioned that the pin would need to be replaced, that besides for needing the new lines it was direct swap, so is this something that is normal? Below is the steering actuator I have, my old one was the one with the 2 hard line jumpers.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did mine years ago on a 89, was simple thought my pin worked but was a while back...if nothing else just get a later pin from merc..
Old 04-27-2014, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

mine swapped no problem.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes its a direct swap no need to change the pin ..unless somebody has been there before for some reason