Can't' Keep Drives and Tabs Synced with Gauge >

Can't' Keep Drives and Tabs Synced with Gauge

Notices

Can't' Keep Drives and Tabs Synced with Gauge

Old 04-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't' Keep Drives and Tabs Synced with Gauge

My Trim and drive gauge seems to be reading correctly but I have had the drive and trim cables adjusted 3 times over 15 hours of running. One will not go all the way down or have the same movement the other does, also the distance between them grows the longer I run the boat. Is there something my mechanic is not doing right? They seem to loosen up and go out of adjustment. Any input is welcome.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Are the cables new? If not, they are probably starting to bind and need to be replaced. Or, it is possible something is in the stainless tube where the black plastic adjuster is. Either way, once set, they shouldnt come out of adjustment that easy.
Old 04-27-2014, 02:30 PM
Registered

Thanks, had the drive cables replaced in November last year along with bellows,. Have not replaced trim tab cables. How do you know they are toast?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

They get cranky when they get old and rusty. I find it hard to believe they keep coming out of adjustment.... they are so simple its ridiculous. The drives are either tucked and reading correctly or not. The only other thing it could be is the drive limit switch is loose and you see it stop before it should since its out of adjustment.

-Cant diagnose it from Florida
Old 04-27-2014, 03:37 PM
Registered

Well you could come to Mississippi and fix it for me if you like. Seriously thanks for the input. I'm going to let someone else look at it for me hope it can be fixed on a lift.