Notices

Fuel leaking out of vent ??

Old 05-31-2014, 12:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fuel leaking out of vent ??

Hoping y'all can help me out!

Today I started getting the boat ready for the summer, ( never touched the water in 2013 ) only put 10hrs on it since the last oil and gear change - I started the boat let it run for awhile to thin out the oil, did the oil change then ran it again to check pressure and to make sure filter was good etc. tinkered around for a bit them I noticed a yellow streak down the side of my boat coming from the vent, I know about expansion but I only have about a 1/4 tank of fuel, the boat was pretty level aswell , any ides as to what caused this? Also noticed that I had a small leak ( drips of water ) coming out of my exhaust where it meets the transom into the bilge, but only leaked when the captains call was on, didn't leak at all when off, only did this on the starboard side.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-31-2014, 01:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the boat most likely had fuel in the vent line and when the boat was in the sun it vented pushing the fuel out..water on transm,,snug the hose clamps,they will rattle loose.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Rick, did you clean the boat last year? May have had fuel come out vent from prior fill up stripping wax off then yellowed since it just sat. Have you tried wet sanding or buffing it out yet?

I have pretty close to you all year, took over managing another warehouse in bossier city and been up there weekly most of this year. Now I go biweekly!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:05 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by FIXX
the boat most likely had fuel in the vent line and when the boat was in the sun it vented pushing the fuel out..water on transm,,snug the hose clamps,they will rattle loose.
Thanks Fixx I'll tighten it up !!
Old 05-31-2014, 11:08 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nailit
Rick, did you clean the boat last year? May have had fuel come out vent from prior fill up stripping wax off then yellowed since it just sat. Have you tried wet sanding or buffing it out yet?

I have pretty close to you all year, took over managing another warehouse in bossier city and been up there weekly most of this year. Now I go biweekly!
Hey brother - i got the yellow out, not easy !! Next time in the area text/call and we can hook up if you got time ! Your boat looks awesome - hoping mine gets to see water this year !
Old 05-31-2014, 11:15 AM
Registered

I will be back up week after next. How far are you from Shreveport?
Old 05-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm about 3hrs from Shreveport
Old 05-31-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rwbrew3
I'm about 3hrs from Shreveport
Ok, we are buying another warehouse in Dallas, so i may end up going check out what's left. We only bought the inventory and took over about 100 or so customers all around Dallas/FW area.
Old 05-31-2014, 04:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by nailit
Ok, we are buying another warehouse in Dallas, so i may end up going check out what's left. We only bought the inventory and took over about 100 or so customers all around Dallas/FW area.
Sounds like y'all are growing, might need to try the boat out in your waters as we have none here! I've only boated in freh water so I might try out some salt out !