Size of hose on speed master 3 >

Size of hose on speed master 3

Notices

Size of hose on speed master 3

Old 06-04-2014, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Size of hose on speed master 3

Need the diamater of hose and length for he hose that caries the lube from the tranome assembly to the outdrive (the hose that runs next to the bello's )

Happens to be the one that cracks if the hose gets too old when the drive is trimmed up

THanks
Old 06-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Just noticed last weekend mine are cracking too. Havent got them off yet, but they are definitley splitting.

The fittings are 3/8'' NPT, with a 1/2" hose barb. So, the rubber hose should be 1/2'' ID. Looks like with the drives turned fully to the right, and trimmed up to the max, should be able to get in there to access it. Let me know how it goes. Plan to fool with that this weekend sometime.

Heres the fittings and hose that are in there

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-MERCRUIS...4bd04e&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MERCURY-10-H...b00c2f&vxp=mtr
Old 06-05-2014, 07:38 AM
Registered

mine are hose clamped, just like the TRS, hoping to do mine today...was actually getting excited to test run it finally, tested the trim full up as I rebuilt a trim cyl, then got a bite to eat (of course felling "dapper" as in I'm a super star) came back and saw that there was green goodness on the ground....LOL thank goodness the bellow's are good tho

Last edited by welfare racing; 06-05-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered

Ok I did them last night, they were original date stamp 1983 0n the hoses, took aprox 2.5 hrs (total for both sides) as the hoses kept cracking off as I grabbed them, I did not need to change the fittings, and got the 1/2 hose from parker (Parker store)

so cost 2.5 hrs and 10.00....each line ended up being 11" (as per the originals)

The key is get that drive as high as you can get it

Last edited by welfare racing; 06-07-2014 at 06:59 AM.