This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid >

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Notices

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Old 06-06-2014, 08:50 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Dry headers with thru hull water dumps are the 'anti reversion' of 'anti reversion.'
Old 06-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SB
Dry headers with thru hull water dumps are the 'anti reversion' of 'anti reversion.'
Winnie won't like that..
Old 06-06-2014, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
This Just In!
Anti Reversion Headers from Lightening, St.ainless Marine, Keith Eckhart, CMI, (must introduce water near the tail)
Wow what a great product, Anti Reversion Hull's (must be used with custom exhaust that introduces water near the tail or overboard)
This may be small to guys with headers but to us little guys that dont have $3000 exhausts and would like to run a nicer cam this is a bait and switch.

CP is in business to make money and of the online marine performance guys they always gave me what I wanted for parts and I always went back due to fast shipping. I even had a problem when I bought strainers and they fixed the problem FAST.

Its just marketing... It is everywhere around you from diet pills to McDonalds to electronics. Everybody pushes the envelope....

Caveat Emptor
Old 06-06-2014, 09:22 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As you can easily read in my other thread that documents my painful lesson about reversion, there are a lot of factors at play that determine if a given combination of parts will revert water. Yes, cam design and exhaust design are major factors, but you also have a lot of other factors like engine displacement, crank stroke, rod length, exhaust port design, even intake manifold design that can influence this. Sometimes you can just end up with the perfect storm of factors that will cause an engine to revert when at first glance you would never dream about it.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:27 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a great comment and exactly why I feel like this add is playing uneducated people like me for fools, buy this cam and you will have no more problems, bull crap

anyway I'm off my soapbox, need to place an order for billet parts at CP and go boating

cheers

ANyway its the weekend and time for boating cheers everyone im off my soap b ox
Originally Posted by Budman II
As you can easily read in my other thread that documents my painful lesson about reversion, there are a lot of factors at play that determine if a given combination of parts will revert water. Yes, cam design and exhaust design are major factors, but you also have a lot of other factors like engine displacement, crank stroke, rod length, exhaust port design, even intake manifold design that can influence this. Sometimes you can just end up with the perfect storm of factors that will cause an engine to revert when at first glance you would never dream about it.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
Not everyone into performance boating is an expert or even has a clue what they are doing....
You cant be serious!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2014, 10:06 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not about the cams but on the same track of deceptive marketing,,, bought "hardin marine" manifolds from cp,
turned out they were glm's , stamped glm on the side..
Nowhere on the site did it say the hardins were glms.
one leaked internally and hydrolocked my just rebuilt motor second time out..
only thing cp did was give me number to glm and washed their hands of it.. Wont ever use them again or recommend them.

Last edited by HTRDLNCN; 06-06-2014 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2014, 10:15 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
Vintage, how do you not see it? how can it be an anti reversion cam if it can only be used with the same exhaust that prevents reversion on every other cam in the available?
Its the exhaust that's preventing reversion not the cam therefore its not an anti reversion cam.
If they advertised that this cam will slightly reduce the harmonic impulses that lead to reversion then it would be an accurate claim.
The holly comparison would be more like "Buy this intake and you will get the performance of a supercharger"! (must be used with a super charger)

Now pass the pipe
The cam is ground with characteristics that minimize reversion.

No smoke and mirrors, really.

You put a performance cam in a boat to increase performance not prevent reversion. Reversion is a side effect of larger cams and steps can be taken to mitigate the reversion (steps like using cams like the ones from cpp or bob)

The best way to eliminate reversion is to use a "dry" exhaust.

This stuff all woks as a "system" and as such, several components may need to be upgraded if you start to change parts. Such is the case with "hot" cams in boats.

Pretty simple, really.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
not about the cams but on the same track of deceptive marketing,,, bought "hardin marine" manifolds from cp,
turned out they were glm's , stamped glm on the side..
Nowhere on the site did it say the hardins were glms.
one leaked internally and hydrolocked my just rebuilt motor second time out..
only thing cp did was give me number to glm and washed their hands of it.. Wont ever use them again or recommend them.
Thread seems like a cp performace
Bashing thread now

Took a turn for the worst.
Old 06-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
Thread seems like a cp performace
Bashing thread now

Took a turn for the worst.
Yep. It's crap like this that alienates the aftermarket from participating on forums.

Don't get me wrong, if there is a real issue or concern, by all means, air it out.

Starting a nonsense thread for the sake of generating online drama is weak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.