This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid >

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Notices

This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Old 06-05-2014, 10:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default This pizzes me off! Who is CP performance trying to kid

Revolutionary cams that prevent reversion Hallelujah! errr wait only if you use full offshore headers
Didn't the OSO membership figure this out years ago?

Here is a suggestion for CP, dont try and scam the uneducated to buy cams and exhaust when they simple need to buy exhaust with tall risers and the water introduced later in the stream

http://www.cpperformance.com/c-1501-...sion-cams.aspx
Old 06-05-2014, 11:11 AM
SB
Registered

Received 3,115 Likes on 1,402 Posts

Bold marketing...but what else is new in this day and age.

BTW: In case no one knows, I'm the Famous French Male Model from The Internet.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh sh!t, another thread about cams, exhaust and reversion. Don't get me started! See guys, it's not just me starting them.
Old 06-05-2014, 11:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SB
Bold marketing...but what else is new in this day and age.

BTW: In case no one knows, I'm the Famous French Male Model from The Internet.
SB, thought all those French male models were, ahem, left-handed batters. Not that there's anything wrong with that!
Old 06-05-2014, 11:32 AM
Registered

When are they going to make me a cam that will give me that 3/4 race cam idle that I can use with my silent choice setup?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Not quite sure why someone marketing "anti-reversion" cams would anger you so.

I don't see why it's wrong for cpperformance to sell cams designed for the marine enthusiast.

Maybe I'm missing the malicious intent.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:07 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
When are they going to make me a cam that will give me that 3/4 race cam idle that I can use with my silent choice setup?
if you need it I have a 3/4 cam, ok so its a full cam with 4 worn off lobes but 3/4 of them are still good.
Old 06-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by vintage chromoly
Not quite sure why someone marketing "anti-reversion" cams would anger you so.

I don't see why it's wrong for cpperformance to sell cams designed for the marine enthusiast.

Maybe I'm missing the malicious intent.
Unfortunately we do our best to sell products to people who understand them. Anti-reversionary camshafts are ground and installed on entirely different principals that traditional camshafts and are great for certain applications. Were sorry that some just balk because they don't understand but we just can't help that.. But thanks for acknowledging the fact that we do want to bring newer technology components to the boating industry.

Keep in mind this is not rocket science and professional engine builders that actually have their own cams ground have used these techniques before. What they most definitely are not is a cam that your going to find in your traditional camshaft catalog. Again all were trying to do is educate those that care about engine technology and those that don't well just disregard it.
Old 06-05-2014, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you are advertising a cam that eliminates reversion but then have a disclaimer that it cant be used with switchable exhaust so essentially you are saying if you buy this cam you will still need a custom exhaust which by the way is the solution for reversion!
You are using marketing to trick people in to buying your cam as a solution when they still need to buy the "solution" headers
Each cam has a disclaimer "FREE FLOWING EXHAUST IS A MUST" people on these boards have been running free flowing exhausts as a solution to reversion with big cams for years.
This is not technology this is marketing
Are you saying that people running stock exhaust manifolds can now run much more aggressive cams and not have reversion? if so then I'm in!

if we buy a custom exhaust we can run a bad ass cam and there is no need for an " anti reversion cam"
Originally Posted by CPPerformance
Unfortunately we do our best to sell products to people who understand them. Anti-reversionar camshafts are ground and installed on entirely different principals that traditional camshafts and are great for certain applications. Were sorry that some just balk because they don't understand but we just can't help that.. But thanks for acknowledging the fact that we do want to bring newer technology components to the boating industry.

Keep in mind this is not rocket science and professional engine builders that actually have their own cams ground have used these techniques before. What they most definitely are not is a cam that your going to find in your traditional camshaft catalog. Again all were trying to do is educate those that care about engine technology and those that don't well just disregard it.

Last edited by stimleck; 06-05-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stimleck
you are advertising a cam that eliminates reversion but then have a disclaimer that it cant be used with switchable exhaust so essentially you are saying if you buy this cam you will still need a custom exhaust which by the way is the solution for reversion!
You are using marketing to trick people in to buying your cam as a solution when they still need to buy the "solution" headers
Each cam has a disclaimer "FREE FLOWING EXHAUST IS A MUST" people on these boards have been running free flowing exhausts as a solution to reversion with big cams for years.
This is not technology this is marketing
Are you saying that people running stock exhaust manifolds can now run much more aggressive cams and not have reversion? if so then I'm in!

if we buy a custom exhaust we can run a bad ass cam and there is no need for an " anti reversion cam"

Are you mad at holley because you need a good intake manifold to use one of their carbs?

Bent out of shape because you need a performance prop to use your performance outdrive?

This is ridiculous.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.