Gaffrig oil pressure sender

Notices

Gaffrig oil pressure sender

Old 06-09-2014, 01:19 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gaffrig oil pressure sender

I have purchased a 1994 Team Warlock Euro 25 a few months ago without engine, I have it all together and I am down to guage issues, the oil pressure guage pegs at 100 when getting power to it with key on, I have been trying to locate the proper sending unit for it, I bought one from Gaffrig, but it is evidently the incorrect sender, I guess they changed the design of the gauges over the years, this guage reads zero with sending unit wire grounded, it works backwards of a normal type guage, Garrig gives me the run around, wont return or answer messages, I have been waiting on this Mike guy for a week now, I am sure someone makes a sending unit if I had a part # or a correct ohms reading for sender needed, I am sure someone else has had this problem, if anyone knows of correct sender I would appreciate it, vdo, standard, wells, borg warner, any part number will do, Thanks for your time!
Old 06-09-2014, 03:29 PM
Registered

Join the line of people waiting for callbacks gaffrig = messa .
It's peanut on here been given the runaround for 10 months ,no longer want the gauges he can stick them where the sun don't shine
Old 06-09-2014, 04:37 PM
Registered

i use this one from cpp with my gaffrig gauges.

http://www.cpperformance.com/p-210-o...r-0-80psi.aspx

the gauge is working properly without being hooked up to the sender? 0's itself when turned on, and if you touch the sender wire to ground it pegs?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:14 PM
Registered
Gold Member

with key off it is at 0, turn on key (power to guage) it pegs at 100, ground lead it goes to 0, so it is a normally closed (grounded at 0) sender. it is the older style guage, looks like yours possibly, only 100 psi with black needle, I guess they don't make them anymore?
Old 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

i have a spare if you need it. i bought a dual setup and only use one set. =) mine are the old gaffrig black needles before they divorced and the whole livorsi thing.

without the sender hooked up, if you turn it on, it should 0 itself. then if you take the sender wire and touch it to ground (not the sensor, just something metal) it should peg the gauge. not sure why yours is doing the opposite.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:00 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Did you use sealant or teflon on the sending unit???? If you did, then the sender does not ground propery to the block and the guage will peg.

BTW are your guages Gaffrig Performance or Gaffrig Precision Instruments????

Gaffrig Precision Instruments is now Livorsi Marine.

Last edited by Griff; 06-10-2014 at 02:02 AM.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I looked last night they say Gaffrig Precision Instruments
Old 06-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Registered
Gold Member

I called livorsi, Nice helpful guy on the phone, no death hold or attitude, knew what I needed, no big deal, compared to Gaffrig, death hold, attitude, first thing out of kids mouth was no returns on the incorrect sender I purchased, which I could care less, I just wanted my guage to work. Note to self...I will upgrade these gauges if the boat does not sink and I know who to call. Thanks for everyones help!!