Lake Texoma Eating >

Lake Texoma Eating

Notices

Lake Texoma Eating

Old 06-09-2014, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Texoma Eating

I am looking for suggestions on restaurants on Texoma where I can dock eat and keep cruising the lake after. Something convenient and not very expensive. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-10-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on where you are going to be. It is a big lake. Where are you putting in and staying?
Old 06-10-2014, 08:42 AM
Registered

It'll just be for the day and I will be launching out of the dam ramp or Eisenhower State Park, so I'm pretty open. I'm pretty familiar with the lake, just not for eating. Usually we bring our own stuff. Alot of time we go all the way to the islands from that same spot. Thanks for the reply.
Old 06-10-2014, 02:33 PM
Registered

There is The Pointe rest. at Grandpappy's, There is always Highport. Pelican's landing is pretty good at Cedar Mills marina. Hope that helps. I'm sure others will chime in.
Old 06-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Registered

All the above are good. There's also a catering type trailer set up at Lighthouse Marina. The food is excellent (for what it is) and cheap compared to other marinas. That is also close to Eisenhower, in Little Mineral just accross (West) from Grandpappy's. Islands bar and restaurant at Highport is the place to be if you wanna see some bad ass hardware (and scenery), rub elbows and mingle.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:33 AM
Registered

...and all these establishments have docks/slips that are public to tie up to their marinas?

Last edited by BySeaCall; 06-11-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 06-11-2014, 10:36 AM
Registered

10-4 all of them are full service Marinas. Maybe we'll see ya out there, what are you running Captn?

Not sure how often you're on the lake or when you were there last but be advised Texoma is around 9 feet low. Over on the Eisenhower side it's not a big deal as its mostly deep and sheer cliff dropoff along most banks but when you round Preston point headed down that side of the lake watch your depth close around points. There is some skinny water in spots that look to be open water. Especially the North point of North Island. It sticks out half a mile into the "big water" and its covered in timber. This year is the first time I've ever seen a stump on Texoma....but they're out there and some big ones.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:06 AM
Registered

Oh, I running a small 20', nothing special. Gets me on the water to do some fishing and tow the kids around on toys.
The plan is to go there Sunday and use one of the establishments. Let me see if I can find some websites for some of the suggestions. Thanks all and thanks for the Heads up and your recommendations Hook'em!
Old 06-12-2014, 08:18 AM
Registered

Lighthouse is more like a camp ground setting. I'd recommend that for the lunch stop if the food trailer is there. Picnic tables and shade trees on the point, it's a good pit stop if you want a quick lunch picnic style. Plus it's much closer to where you're launching. Go to Highport if you want sit down, AC and bigger menu/bar. Not to mention boats and babes.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:24 AM
Registered

I will definitely checkout all the options once this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.