wiring questions >

wiring questions

Notices

wiring questions

Old 06-13-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring questions

Pulled out my gen vs 502 and installing carbed innovation marines. When I look at all the wiring left in the boat I started to get confused. There is still a 10 pin socket. Will this become useless or will it plug into the new motor even though it's a carb? The new motor is a drop in all wired so I basically need to connect it to the boat. No smarcraft or anything like that. What wiring will I have to do to get this motor running?
Old 06-13-2014, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

You say the new motor is drop in wired, so what plug is on it? Wiring harness is basically the same even though its carbed. Ground, Power, (+) coil, tach, oil pressure, water temp, alarm, starter, data line. Can't remember 10th off the top of my head
Old 06-13-2014, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mr Maine
You say the new motor is drop in wired, so what plug is on it? Wiring harness is basically the same even though its carbed. Ground, Power, (+) coil, tach, oil pressure, water temp, alarm, starter, data line. Can't remember 10th off the top of my head
Yeah it's all wired. So what connections will go from the boat to the motor? If that plug connects ok what other wiring has to be done?
Old 06-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If the plug from the motor to boat is correct, should just be the large positive cable to the starter and ground to the block.
Old 06-13-2014, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

its all plug and play,,and go boating! you will need to do nothing..
Old 06-14-2014, 09:40 AM
Registered

Looked at the socket and there were 9 pins and next to it there was a square connecter. How do these work? Starting to get confused...