Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Another water in oil milkshake thread >

Another water in oil milkshake thread

Notices

Another water in oil milkshake thread

Old 08-27-2014, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Figured I would give an update as I have found the problem a while back, fixed it, and since then have had no problems. The post might help someone else in the same situation. Turns out the rear blockoff passages on the intake manifold deteriorated allowing raw water to dump right past the gaskets. There was minimal pitting when we reinstalled the manifold on original rebuild and finally gave way with the water pressure at high rpm under load opposed to on the muffs. It looked pretty bad almost like sandpaper grit. Ground it out, welded new metal, decked at machine shop to smooth it over, and popped it in instead of buying a used or new intake at 2000 bucks no thanks. Cut open each oil filter since initial rebuild and 3 changes after fix nothing suspect as far as scared bearings or other from both water and aluminum. My season is still going for me thanks to the OSO members for the help. Throttle on!