Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Rooster tail fittings on Normal drives - What and where? >

Rooster tail fittings on Normal drives - What and where?

Notices

Rooster tail fittings on Normal drives - What and where?

Old 06-16-2014, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Simply mount 27 transom pickups on the back of the boat with the outlets pointing straight up.
Old 06-16-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Oh boy....those ARE surface drives, Indy to be exact. And like the others told you, the "pipe" is to get the HUGE diameter surface piercing props moving when they are fully submerged off plane. Once on plane the "pipes" (as you refer to them) are above the water line and no longer aerate the prop.

I am sure there are all kinds of things you can bolt on to your boat that will throw water in the air, slow you down, cause drag, and make your boat handle dangerously, just to look like a surface drive boat in the eyes of those that do not know any better.

You're right after I looked closer at the video it's clear as day. I definitely don't need them on my 303 but was considering it for my next which will be a 353 or 382.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jrstoybox
You're right after I looked closer at the video it's clear as day. I definitely don't need them on my 303 but was considering it for my next which will be a 353 or 382.
What Year is your 303? We moved up from a 303 to the 382 last season. Loved my 303
Old 06-17-2014, 12:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mickeymcclgn
Those are prop airaters (sp?) that looks like it could be a NXT or a #6 drive setup and it needs to airate the props to get some slip and get the motors revving and get on plane. You see them on a lot of the race boats and fast sh*t. Nothing that I own lol.
neither ,ilmor,indy drives..http://www.ilmor.com/en/marine/perfo...ern-drive.aspx
Old 06-17-2014, 07:41 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Those are fishing rod holders, everyone knows a Formula is an old man's boat and can't go fast.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread reminds me of the posts on the diesel fourms titled "How do I make my truck roll coal" or "Where can I purchase a smoke switch?"