Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Engine won't get boat on plane - ignition issue? >

Engine won't get boat on plane - ignition issue?

Notices

Engine won't get boat on plane - ignition issue?

Old 06-18-2014, 07:49 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SB
Ummmmm.....you owe us way more than a beer ! But, that is a good start !
I was thinking more like he owes everyone a trip to the psychiatrist to get some anti-depressant tranquilizers and whatever the hell else they will give us and a couple gallons of vodka to wash it all down. I think that might be the only thing that might help a little. Man I hope the poor guy posts something more on the lines of took my family out on the boat for an awesome weekend boat ran great everyone was having a great time ect ect...
Old 06-18-2014, 08:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent! You should have the bugs worked out for the Weekend of the 4th..... Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Old 06-18-2014, 10:46 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Black Baja
I was thinking more like he owes everyone a trip to the psychiatrist to get some anti-depressant tranquilizers and whatever the hell else they will give us and a couple gallons of vodka to wash it all down. I think that might be the only thing that might help a little. Man I hope the poor guy posts something more on the lines of took my family out on the boat for an awesome weekend boat ran great everyone was having a great time ect ect...
Come on down to Dale Hollow Lake and I'll have all the vodka (and tequila) you'll want.

Sorry if I was a downer to anyone with all of the issues with this thing - some of them were my fault, but a lot of them weren't. It just underlines the old saying - if it has tits or tires, it's going to be trouble. This thing literally came down to the 11th hour - ran it today for about an hour. I know that's not enough time to know for sure all the bugs are out, but I'm satisfied that it's running well enough to take it. Never cracked it over 3500 RPM just to be safe. I'll hammer it after this trip is over - it would be just my luck to shag a drive the night before we leave. And yes, the kids are excited to have the boat again. Couldn't resist to mess with them when we got back from water testing it and acted like it was broke again. And for once, I'm relaxed about this thing.
Old 06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
Come on down to Dale Hollow Lake and I'll have all the vodka (and tequila) you'll want.

Sorry if I was a downer to anyone with all of the issues with this thing - some of them were my fault, but a lot of them weren't. It just underlines the old saying - if it has tits or tires, it's going to be trouble. This thing literally came down to the 11th hour - ran it today for about an hour. I know that's not enough time to know for sure all the bugs are out, but I'm satisfied that it's running well enough to take it. Never cracked it over 3500 RPM just to be safe. I'll hammer it after this trip is over - it would be just my luck to shag a drive the night before we leave. And yes, the kids are excited to have the boat again. Couldn't resist to mess with them when we got back from water testing it and acted like it was broke again. And for once, I'm relaxed about this thing.
Why do I feel like it's us that want to buy you a drink ? Go enjoy it bro .
Old 06-18-2014, 10:54 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

It's all good. We bust your balls but glad to be able to help a fellow out. That's what the forums are really about. Glad to hear it's running. Enjoy your trip with the family bud.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^LOL^^

So how's the boat running now?
Old 06-21-2014, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That 509 better be making some thunder!!!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:27 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by tpabayflyer
That 509 better be making some thunder!!!
I think its a 489ci. But I agree.
Old 06-22-2014, 10:19 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.