Russel Performance AN swivel fitting leaking >

Russel Performance AN swivel fitting leaking

Notices

Russel Performance AN swivel fitting leaking

Old 06-23-2014, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Russel Performance AN swivel fitting leaking

The Russel Performance -10 AN swivel fitting for my oil line is leaking just slightly (a drip on my valve cover) out of the swivel section. The fitting is about 20 bucks from summit racing. Can I replace it without buying a new hose or cutting the end of the hose where the current fitting has been inserted? I mean can I re-use the hose? Should I trim off the end of the hose that the fitting is in currently? But if I do that I'm afraid pieces of the braided stainless steel line will get inside the line and imbed in the oil coated rubber. I don't think blowing out the oil coated line after cutting will remove any debris that might have gotten in the line from cutting it. The hose goes from the remote oil filter to the oil cooler so it's pretty long and expensive. [ATTACH=CONFIG]525068[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Russel Performance AN swivel fitting leaking-100_1209_small.jpg  
Old 06-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My thought is to just try and replace the hose fitting and the male fitting at the filter housing. In my experience, the new hose fitting will likely seal on the old hose, if not you can use the new hose fitting with a new hose. Just snug the new AN hose fitting.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may be the male fitting on the filter housing that it's hooked to, it's not Russell brand is it? It could just have a burr on it or something, that can cause a leak. If not just un screw the blue and red nut and take the fitting off, then just replace it, shouldn't have to cut the hose but be careful of the wire.
Old 06-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The swivel hose end is the part that is actually leaking. Looks like it is coming from the swivel section where the o-ring would be. I'm going to try just replacing the fitting without trimming the end of the hose. I'm not sure if the fitting is a Russel or not. It has an RM over each other inscribed in it. I thought maybe it stood for Russel Marine or something.