Need help with Kohler 5ECD Generator... >

Need help with Kohler 5ECD Generator...

Notices

Need help with Kohler 5ECD Generator...

Old 06-23-2014, 08:00 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need help with Kohler 5ECD Generator...

I'm having a weird problem with my generator. The remote start switch in the cabin always shows "1000 ERR". I had originally read that this occurs when the generator master switch is not in the "Auto" position. Easy enough to fix, so I did that and it always reads this error, it cannot get to the start mode and the unit doesn't even try to crank. If I go into the bilge and move the master switch from AUTO to RUN, I can start the generator and it runs perfectly. I just changed the impeller on the sea pump, so I know the water flow is fine. But the entire time it's running in this mode I'm getting a 1000 ERR on the Kohler control pad in the cabin. The generator is working fine, providing power, etc. I tried turning it off, switching back to AUTO and starting it from the cabin, same thing, 1000 ERR. So either way I get the 1000 ERR but the generator runs fine when I start/run it from the unit itself. Any ideas?
Old 01-29-2017, 08:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you ever figure out what was causing the error code 1000. I am having a similar problem. My grnerator started and ran fine. Then from nowhere 12 hours later the fault code 1000 came up on the display with an alarm that alerted me to the fault. The generator was not even running and had been shut down for 12 hours. Now the fault code remains on the remote and can not clear it with constant alarm. The only way to get it to stop is to turn the batteries off. I did an Internet search and found that your issue is the closest to mine but there no one had discussed a resolution to the issue.
Old 01-29-2017, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

my quicksilver gen had a similar problem,it ended up being the start switch.yours may be different.