Shop Labor times to Pull a motor >

Shop Labor times to Pull a motor

Notices

Shop Labor times to Pull a motor

Old 06-27-2014, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by buck35
Speaking of zerks, what do you suppose would be better synthetic or.....
All natural butt butter...
Old 06-27-2014, 09:27 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

SO - I guess charging 9 hours labor is fair and even. Now we know how you think. The last time any of my boats was at a marina was 35 years ago. They didn't have fuel injection. Heck electronic ignition was in its infancy in boats. And as far as inventory - most of the time I need a part they usually have to order it. Yeah and you are right there are a lot of HVAC companies out there that are doing crappy work. They have the same mentality as the 9 hour marina. hire the cheapest labor and charge the most they can get away with.
Old 06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
SO - I guess charging 9 hours labor is fair and even. Now we know how you think. The last time any of my boats was at a marina was 35 years ago. They didn't have fuel injection. Heck electronic ignition was in its infancy in boats. And as far as inventory - most of the time I need a part they usually have to order it. Yeah and you are right there are a lot of HVAC companies out there that are doing crappy work. They have the same mentality as the 9 hour marina. hire the cheapest labor and charge the most they can get away with.
Maybe the marinas should work as non profit centers? Have you looked around, not many getting rich in this game! I also do my own work, for 3 reasons. 1. I don't like to wait, summer is short. 2. I enjoy it 3. No one will pat as much attention to detail as I do.

But for this who can not, or will not, a good mechanic is hard to find. Some day when I am tired of it, I will pay someone to do it for me. And I will be top dollar if they are the best, vs shade tree joe.

This quote is far from out of line, that has been explained. The car industry is the same. I know guys working 40 hrs a week and getting paid 80+ cause they are good and can beat the clock. But when they have a come back they are working for free.
Old 06-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree with padding the bill a little to cover the unexpected but double the hours for a job as simple as a coupler change. A lot of the HVAC companies have gone to book pricing. That price is based on worst cast, worst tech doing the job. And you guys think that is fair to the customer. I have read all of the sales pitch on " BOOK " pricing. And heard the sales pitch on what Your TRUE hourly costs are. I say BS. I know what my hourly costs are and every year my bank account gets fatter and I am able to live a nice life but I am not greedy. FAIR AND HONEST PRICING has gotten me where I am today.
Enough said.