Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
silent choice, issue or something else >

silent choice, issue or something else

Notices

silent choice, issue or something else

Old 06-27-2014, 04:16 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's pretty significant change in the sound...I leave it shut off so that it's completely "thru hull" open and as I get going , let say cruising at 3500 rpm it seems that it randomly closes and opens ..I'm just not sure if there can be that much play in the diverters to create the effect that's happening ...but I'm baffled as to what it could be, the silent choice seems to be working fine
Old 06-27-2014, 12:18 PM
Registered

Received 286 Likes on 177 Posts

You could disconnect the linkage from the actuator and wire the valves open. Take it for a spin and see what it does. While the linkage is wired so it can't move, may also want to stick something up the tail pipe and see if the butterfly is loose on the shaft. That could make for random exh note changes.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update...so I can lift the flapper and see the diverters in the open position, and I can't get them to budge .....now I'm really stumped I thought for sure there would be significant play in them