silent choice, issue or something else >

silent choice, issue or something else

Notices

Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posted this previously but finally got boat out of storage and looking for opinions.

Issue is once on plane it sounds like the silent shuts off, my first thought was the diaphragms had play was closing / opening on its own. I've got an.older.system.where I've got a.rod.that attaches from.one.actuator to another runs off a small electric motor. Anyways I pulled off arm and the diverter seems fine, but maybe things happen when I'm running boat and I just can't tell.

What else can it be? I can send pics if someone can throw me up for me...and I can't delete stupid dancing banana in title..just saying
Old 06-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Email them to me and ill post them up for you,

[email protected]
Old 06-26-2014, 04:58 AM
Registered

I'm about to remove mine. I get an air noise over 4k RPM's from the right side where my air compressor is. Not sure why its doing it, but I wire tied the actuators so they wouldn't shut in case its failing. I was wondering the same thing, if higher water pressure was forcing the valve closed and the compressor bleed valve was releasing some of the back pressure. In either case, wire ties are my friend haha.. Hope you figure it out.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:20 AM
Registered

Here are his pictures:

Last edited by TooLateVTEC; 06-26-2014 at 08:25 AM.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Registered

Last edited by TooLateVTEC; 06-26-2014 at 08:26 AM. Reason: Pics were sydwayz
Old 06-26-2014, 08:39 AM
Registered

Thanks vtech
So as per pics could it be possible that there is enough play internally in the diverter to create the closing/opening on this style of silent choice.it's in the open position in the pics
Old 06-26-2014, 09:02 AM
Registered

Electric issue, or worn out actuator maybe, is it power open or close, or just a screw
Old 06-26-2014, 03:57 PM
Registered

Power open n closed..if that's what u mean lol
Old 06-26-2014, 09:24 PM
Registered

Is your actuator toast, something has to let it close if you power it open.
Old 06-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by paintman
Posted this previously but finally got boat out of storage and looking for opinions.

Issue is once on plane it sounds like the silent shuts off, my first thought was the diaphragms had play was closing / opening on its own. I've got an.older.system.where I've got a.rod.that attaches from.one.actuator to another runs off a small electric motor. Anyways I pulled off arm and the diverter seems fine, but maybe things happen when I'm running boat and I just can't tell.

What else can it be? I can send pics if someone can throw me up for me...and I can't delete stupid dancing banana in title..just saying
Do you mean the eng gets louder on plane when it should be quiet or the eng gets quieter when it's supposed to be loud?

If the latter, could it be the wind is just drowning out the eng noise? Mine is load at idle and getting on plane, but when cruising at 45-50, I can barely hear them over the wind noise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.