A/C questions >

A/C questions

Notices

A/C questions

Old 06-29-2014, 09:52 PM
Registered

Received 417 Likes on 246 Posts
Default A/C questions

I have a 5000BTU Dometic a/c. I don't think it is working 100%.

First question: what should the air temp coming out of the vent be? Ran it for 2 hours today. It went down to 47 degrees one time, most times it was high 50's to 60ish.

Second question: the compressor doesn't seem to run that long, it might run for a minute or 2 before it cycles off. It will cycle back on in a bit. I'm wondering if it is low on refrigerant. How long should the compressor run for normally before it kicks off.

I jumped out the thermostat just to make sure that wasn't the problem, no change.

Water pump seems to be working fine, constant water flow. Sea water temp 65-70 degrees.

Thanks for any help. This is the first time I tried it in the year and a half I have owned it. Previous owner said it gets like a meat locker in the cabin. Seller was very honest and don't doubt it worrworked when he sold the boat.

Unit has 417a refrigerant if it matters.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by underpsi68; 06-29-2014 at 09:55 PM.