1986 Wellcraft Nova III opinions please >

1986 Wellcraft Nova III opinions please

Notices

1986 Wellcraft Nova III opinions please

Old 07-31-2014, 11:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1986 Wellcraft Nova III opinions please

Hey guys, I am a newbie here and have been looking for a boat for sometime. I am somewhat limited on a budget but have found a boat that's within my price range and looks like a nice boat. I have never owned anything of this size, always fishing and ski boats. Can you guys take a look at the link and fill me in on what you think about it? It will be greatly appreciated. I will post the link below. Supposedly the boat was bought two months ago from All Boats Service center close to lake Cumberland. I plan on going to look at the boat in person the first of next week. Thanks in advance, Josh

http://nashville.craigslist.org/boa/4586512786.html
Old 08-01-2014, 12:19 AM
Registered

This is a good friend of.mines boat we are neighbors at our marina his slip is next to mine. I got a 86 nova2 this is a sweet clean ol boat though! Nice trailer to boot! Runs good to when I was in it a few weekends ago! And a rockin stereo she ain't perfect but very nice and its clean in and out!

Small world around here haha!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:02 AM
Registered

Small world no doubt. Thanks for the info. I talked with him today about it and he mentioned a few things involving one of the engines (hard to start, carb issues, no restart after it's hot ect) other than that it sounds like it only has very very minor issues that will be no trouble to correct. He said he's pulling it out of the water Monday so I am waiting to look at it then. Again, this is my first venture with anything over a single engine and over 24 feet so I am very open to any info available. Thanks again, Josh
Old 08-01-2014, 01:13 AM
Registered

It does have little here and there's wrong with it don't know of all of them exactly were we boat at we don't travel far to tie up and throw down haha! But just my 2cents once I was in my first twin engine I wouldn't go back to single but that's just me! I love it! Once you learn it and just get used to them its awesome you can park and dock anywhere! I have always had bigger cabin cruisers single and twin engine but always missed the twins when I got rid of them and shortly after that I had another if you ask me they aren't bad on gas if you drive within reason but if you got the hammers down and leave them down it adds up after while $ but its a sweet boat no doubt the reason he got his is cause I let him drive mine Lol! If you need anything holler at me here is my 86Nova2

Old 08-01-2014, 01:15 AM
Registered

Not trying to jack your thread by the way and welcome to offshore only!!!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:03 PM
Registered

Thanks for the welcome and the info. That's a fine looking boat. Looks like it's just off the showroom floor!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:38 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I've always loved my 26 Nova II. Since my Nova II is twice as much fun as my uncles 23 Nova, then surely the III must be Three times as much fun! Its a sad joke, but I had to post it.
Old 08-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by spazboz
I've always loved my 26 Nova II. Since my Nova II is twice as much fun as my uncles 23 Nova, then surely the III must be Three times as much fun! Its a sad joke, but I had to post it.
Hahahaha that was pretty funny actually Lol!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by joshgar8
Thanks for the welcome and the info. That's a fine looking boat. Looks like it's just off the showroom floor!
Thank you for the compliment she is all o.e. needs a little touching up in places but that's about it.....good luck with my buddy Drew's boat!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 285 Likes on 176 Posts

I was looking for something like that a few years back. It's a lot of boat for 27'.
Price sounds reasonable for the package.

Last edited by zz28zz; 08-01-2014 at 09:13 PM.