Camshaft sensor for 2001 496 >

Camshaft sensor for 2001 496

Notices

Camshaft sensor for 2001 496

Old 08-28-2014, 02:50 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by BUP
Ebay says last one - and again it will only work 100 % correctly for certain mercruiser engine serial runs. When I figure out mine as well it will include free shipping for 100 bucks but again the 3 rd one will be 149. It is totally different than these.

You wont have to take the gamble and my price is the same for the correct sensor to work for the correct app.
I guess I wasn't following you on that you had some replacements in the works. My bad. It will be nice if you end up with plug and play replacements based on serial number.
Old 08-28-2014, 02:54 PM
BUP
Banned

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The gamble is the crank and cam position sensors supply the PCM with inputs for the correct timing and RPM information. So again it is very important to have all of this correct before going in. That's why I will not sell any to I figure out what sensor will read 100 % correctly to the reluctor that the cam gear has.

IMO not worth 99 dollar risk for the 496 especially with cast internals. The correct timing depending on rpm is very important here thru out. I will post more info about this.

Also it would be very wise to scan your motor if fact you changed out the cam PS with one of these NOS to see if your engine is going into knock mode and or how many times per running. If that's the case wrong Cam PS for sure or a real problem with knock or bad gas / low octane or knock sensor problem of some sort. Good luck.

Last edited by BUP; 08-28-2014 at 02:57 PM.